+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlton

Charlton

Okay!
    It's business time! Opening game of League 1 and we have to play Champioship bottom but one relegated team. Haven't seen their transfer progress (but just looked and seen 3 incoming including Connor Washington and a Man U under 23 player and 10 players out)current value £7.16 million) nor heard anything about their boardroom wranglings and dispute with EFL recently. They started off with a confident win in the League Cup and a draw in the 'Paint Pot' (other names are available). So no markers there really.
    The outcome on Saturday will possibly depend on our line-up as there are obvious weaknesses from the two competitive games so far. Another factor may be how much we play a precarious line in playing out from the back. In the game against Bolton we caused ourselves one or two moments of anxiety through tight passing within our own penalty area.
    One interesting point about Bolton, is that on two occasions (once in the cup game and the other in the friendly) the Alex have mixed in a long ball from the keeper that effectively got behind the defence to create a goal. Assume that was thought of in training.
    Will Jaskelainen be back? Has Richards done anything wrong to justify giving way to him?
    Who will the starting CHs be? Is Powell out for weeks?
    What's the best place for Ainley to play, if at all?
    What we do need is a return to wing play with support from the full-backs. That was missing on Tuesday, at least compared to last season.
    Finally anyone heard anything about Perry and Wintle re: contract negotiations?
    Score: just to keep up traditions of my pessimism 1-2.

Wintle got a new contract early this year surely, so are they negotiating another already?

In terms of transfer news, it seems my source was rather out of date. I thought Chuks had left.
    Will we have anyone strong enough to stop him?

I want to be an optimist so going for a 2-1 win. Wonder what the team selection will be? Have not got a clue. Will be interesting to see, even down to the subs. Believe it will be a hard fought game with a lot depending on how competitive our midfield is. Looking forward to it.

Well we start with the CAFC derby. Like a lot of first league games this one could go either way with any score. I am hopeful for a 2-1 win depending on the side.

Just been reading the Charlton forum and they seem very confident, predicting 3-0 or better with us parking the bus against the "bigger" team. I think they need to be taken down a peg or two.

3-1 to the Reds - I’m assuming we will be in the home colours!!!

Prob without Perry. Off to Forest, it seems

Not according to the manager - as he put it ‘go batter your fish’! Got to love him.

Feel fairly sure that our team will include Ng, Pickering, Murphy, Wintle, Kirk, and Mandron. The other 5 plus subs is too hard to predict.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast