+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Smart Alec Lawyers

O/T:- Smart Alec Lawyers

... is it more important to uphold 'international law' or to show some enlightened self interest? So far ,I'm unconvinced that any country takes any notice of international law's - Russia, China, USA - (pick any topic you like). So our tweaking of the Withdrawal Agreement re Northern Ireland seems only to have upset the EU (because it gives them an edge under certain circumstances) and the woke Remoaners who choose to be offended. I bet most havn't read the so-called offending sections (clauses 41 - 43, etc). I'm really surprised that no one has used the phrase 'perfidious albion' yet! So, would be lawyers, why shouldn't we look after ourselves. Don't try telling me it's about trust and all that mother jazz ...
    Last edited by SwalePie; 10-09-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... is it more important to uphold 'international law' or to show some enlightened self interest? So far ,I'm unconvinced that any country takes any notice of international law's - Russia, China, USA - (pick any topic you like). So our tweaking of the Withdrawal Agreement re Northern Ireland seems only to have upset the EU (because it gives them an edge under certain circumstances) and the woke Remoaners who choose to be offended. I bet most havn't read the so-called offending sections (clauses 41 - 43, etc). I'm really surprised that no one has used the phrase 'perfidious albion' yet! So, would be lawyers, why shouldn't we look after ourselves. Don't try telling me it's about trust and all that mother jazz ...
    Section 38?

https://twitter.com/MPIainDS/status/1304091181974945792

... and the several others. The message is ... we run our own country and will not have (embedded) interference ...

... and the several others. The message is ... we run our own country and will not have (embedded) interference ...
    I think Covid has shown how good this bunch is at "running our own country".

Or did you mean to type "ruining our own country"?

I wonder if Bojo read the relevant clauses before he signed the "oven ready" deal. And I would have like to hope that we were better than Russia, China, USA in our dealings with people and credibility in the world arena but clearly it is dog eat dog clearly forgetting that we are all sitting in the same swamp we seem to have created for ourselves.

... sorry Old Pie, meduck, GB as the up holder of all things reighteous throughout the world. That was for us to imagine and others to laugh about whilst they gave us a good rogering...

... sorry Old Pie, meduck, GB as the up holder of all things reighteous throughout the world. That was for us to imagine and others to laugh about whilst they gave us a good rogering...
    Agreed - as I said we live in a swamp, or perhaps a cesspit is a more accurate term. Comforting isn't it?

... so there we have it, Gumpy, for the woke doubters and Remoaners our Parliament has the final say over (some version) of 'international law'.

... so there we have it, Gumpy, for the woke doubters and Remoaners our Parliament has the final say over (some version) of 'international law'.
    Don't hold your breath, Boris will have probably changed his mind by tomorrow if recent history is anything to go by.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast