Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 228

Thread: Taking the knee or Standing Free?

  1. #1

    Taking the knee or Standing Free?

    We have an opportunity to demonstrate that Aberdeen FC is about football NOT ideologies.
    No player should feel compelled to engage in this political grandstanding. It’s pure oppressive political propaganda.

    Demonstrating against this BLM shyte is not aligning with so called ‘racism’. Rather it’s an opportunity to wrest our beloved game away from these extremists and keep it free of political ideology.

    The games in empty stadia have allowed this pish to come in unopposed.

    Oh we’ll get hammered for it by the media, but up and down the country there’ll be football fans who’ll be cheering any protest from the roof tops.

    A simple chant of, ‘What the f*cking hell is that?’ could be the catalyst that brings about the end of this ‘taking the knee’ *******s in the beautiful game.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    18,602
    Can I ask what is political about protesting against racism?
    Surely that's about decency not politics?

    Why does a group of sportsman protesting against racism make you SO angry?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    29,576
    This is getting weird now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    18,602
    It is, I think there might be a "WHOOOOSH" in play.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    29,576
    I think you might be right. Nobody’s knickers would get that wringing about this

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Can I ask what is political about protesting against racism?
    Surely that's about decency not politics?

    Why does a group of sportsman protesting against racism make you SO angry?

    Because it’s f*ck all to do with so-called ‘racism’. Are they taking the knee in China, Japan, or Nigeria? Wake up.
    If you feel strongly about it, walk to Todders on your knees. If the players want to make a donation to BLM, they are free to do so. When they walk onto the pitch wearing the red jersey, it’s to play for the famous Aberdeen and nothing more. No one should feel pressure to drop to their knees for a political group which BLM absolutely is.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    11,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby's_Blouse View Post
    Oh we’ll get hammered for it by the media, but up and down the country there’ll be hun fans who’ll be cheering any protest from the roof tops.
    True

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    18,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby's_Blouse View Post
    Because it’s f*ck all to do with so-called ‘racism’. Are they taking the knee in China, Japan, or Nigeria? Wake up.
    If you feel strongly about it, walk to Todders on your knees. If the players want to make a donation to BLM, they are free to do so. When they walk onto the pitch wearing the red jersey, it’s to play for the famous Aberdeen and nothing more. No one should feel pressure to drop to their knees for a political group which BLM absolutely is.
    Again, I'm seeing anger.

    But what stood out to me were the words "so called".

    (And "Todders" again.........)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    29,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby's_Blouse View Post
    Todders
    Name:  13895B38-68E8-47EB-BA75-69175E09109A.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  14.3 KB

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    18,602
    I love going to Todders to watch Footy.

    I prefer the EPL though.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •