+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Taking the knee or Standing Free?

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Tae be fair im getting a bit sick of this taking the knee stuff,i appreciate that black people have been seriously f@cked over by the police in USA.
    when you see the videos of George Floyd etc and also in the UK when you see people getting pulled over in their cars (an MP i think?) To me its pretty obvious there's racism in society BUT to be taking the knee 3 months after the George Floyd stuff is a bit tiring.
    we've made our point,every team in the world has made their point.
    Time to move on now and stop it.
    What does it actually achieve?
    Totally agree simmy, point has been proven move on ffs.
    It's a heap of sh1te and achieves sweet fk all

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Tae be fair im getting a bit sick of this taking the knee stuff,i appreciate that black people have been seriously f@cked over by the police in USA.
    when you see the videos of George Floyd etc and also in the UK when you see people getting pulled over in their cars (an MP i think?) To me its pretty obvious there's racism in society BUT to be taking the knee 3 months after the George Floyd stuff is a bit tiring.
    we've made our point,every team in the world has made their point.
    Time to move on now and stop it.
    What does it actually achieve?
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts on it too. Are the players, or anyone watching, even really thinking about the supposed cause behind the knee thing anymore? Probably not, it’s just some weird pre-match ritual they have to go through to be politically correct. Better to draw a line under it and think of other ways of highlighting the cause every now and again, which would have more impact.

How long does it take when players take the knee? 5- f uckin seconds ?
    .people with a problem about it are pathetic! And probably racist ! Blouse will be loving all these gimps licking his a$$hole about this now!!! Looked on tons of forums barely any one has a problem with it except some real c unts on here !! Bomb this ****ing forum nothing but faceless sh!t bags who hide behind an avatar and no name !! Come on twitter with your name n face ya f ucking racist ****s .

If this cheap pathetic fkn forum has a moderator even f uckin one PLEASE close my account I never want to see this racist ****e ever again!! 30 odd pages of absolute RACIST ****e!! Even many people on Twitter say this site should be CLOSED/bombed!! BLOUSE GO PLAY WITH THE TRAFFIC AND YOU CAN TAKE ONE OR 2 ****S FAE HERE WE YE! **** BUGSY B ASTARD

Geez this has taken a turn.

Pretty sure the majority on here are not racist.

DD is exempt as he is taking the W.C Fields angle - in fact I think he might be W.C. Fields.

I get the impression people are feeling the taking the knee thing is beginning to lose impact.

Anyway two new posters appear to have thrown the thread into an uproar?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    .people with a problem about it are pathetic! And probably racist ! Blouse will be loving all these gimps licking his a$$hole about this now!!! Looked on tons of forums barely any one has a problem with it except some real c unts on here !! Bomb this ****ing forum nothing but faceless sh!t bags who hide behind an avatar and no name !! Come on twitter with your name n face ya f ucking racist ****s .
    To be fair, check oot Shooftahmooftah on AFC Chat, even when he's giving One Cup pelters, he's talking 'Marxist' conspiracies.

You see, this is the real problem.
    Don’t join in = RACIST

Do what the majority do or face being persecuted.

I went to Philadelphia once, it was closed.

I went to Philadelphia once, it was closed.[/QUOTE] USA's Perth?

What are you on about? Theres only one way to support anti-racism?! The knee thing was fine as a one off, it’s list it’s impact now because it’s just become part of a routine - surely it would be better doing something different less frequently as it would have more impact. People “taking the knee” doesn’t indicate they are supporting a cause - it just indicates that they’re being told to do something and know they’ll receive flack if they don’t. Similarly just because you don’t support that particular thing doesn’t mean you’re against anti-racism.

"Taking the knee" is grammatically illogical. Whose knee is it, and where did they take it?

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast