+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bournemouth away Sat 12/09/20 match thread

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs, are you serious?
    We've been in much worse situations than this.
    I would say we are two players short of a squad that could (not will) challenge for a play-off place.
    Brereton and Gallagher have not repaid their fees yet, but both have showed much more promise recently.
    We now have a squad which indicates the Academy paying off in a big way.
    I think both Rankin-Costello and Buckley could become big-name players.
    In front of the defence, we have loads of options, including numerous, exciting, attack-minded players.
    We all know we need an experienced centre-back, but I am actually okay with Williams playing, because his positional sense compensates for his lesser qualities, and he actually distributes the ball better than Lenihan. In any case, the window is open for another month.
    I am still uneasy about Bell, and we clearly need another player to at least cover his position. There is also talk about a second keeper. Fair enough, but that's probably someone to spend most of the year sitting on the bench.
    We were in a transition-situation last season, and we were without Dack for most of it, but we were still the fifth highest scorers in the League. Defensively, we were 12th of 24 for goals conceded, so even there, things weren't as dire as most fans suggest.
    I just can't see where all the gloom is coming from.
    Realistically, we are a Championship club these days - with limited resources. The market is a shambles at the moment, with PL clubs getting even more advantages than usual.
    On top of that, agents are being allowed to rule the roost.
    You forecast a possible 10th place, as if it's the end of the world. I just don't get that. We have no automatic right to a promotion-spot.
    I'm quite excited by the Bournemouth game, as it will be a good benchmark, but if we lose, I won't be in despair.
    I can quite see us being win-one/draw-one/lose-one again this season, and I can't say that I am particularly bothered by that. We'd prefer consistency, obviously, but how many teams WERE consistent last season? It is simply a very even division.
    At this stage, I'd go for Brentford to win it, so they'll probably finish 9th!

I'm deadly serious. they are absolutely ****e. Woeful at the end of the season, relegation form. They bring that relegation form into this season. They have signed one player Aucks. A nobody keeper who will be average at best.

They are so far away from finishing in the top 9 its funny. They will be in a relegation fight, I will tell you that now. The defence is pathetic. Still hasnt been sorted. And with players like Johnson, they are going absolutely nowhere. Brereton may look better than his pathetic best so far, but I will tell you now both him and SG are not going to do anything.

1-0 down already to a ****e side. Get used to it, this is the season ahead. One signing, no money, woefully poor defence. A tough season ahead. Glad I am not having to endure a poor game, playing a poor side, and still managing to lose. This was almost every game after lockdown.

Another 3 goals conceeded, taking that relegation form into a new season.
    Since lockdown Rovers have been on really really woeful form. Not even close to being good enough.

As I said earlier .....

We need a manager before anything else

Well, I've just woken up. The usual, really: three hours sleep before the game, and four after. I feel a bit groggy, but not so groggy that I don't remember we played really well against a club just down from the PL and among the favorites for promotion.
    We haven't looked as fluent as that in ages.
    They opened the scoring against the run of play, and won it with a goal that no team can do anything about - similar to several of those Armstrong scored last season. We were dominant for most of the 90.
    I think a couple of you just need to stop whingeing and enjoy the football.

Well that was the first time in ages,I was so disappointed with the result.
    A good goal disallowed then they go up the other end and score.
    We were on top and to lose like that is deflating.
    On to Newcastle then our usual banana skin in the form of a promoted side.

Well, I've just woken up. The usual, really: three hours sleep before the game, and four after. I feel a bit groggy, but not so groggy that I don't remember we played really well against a club just down from the PL and among the favorites for promotion.
    We haven't looked as fluent as that in ages.
    They opened the scoring against the run of play, and won it with a goal that no team can do anything about - similar to several of those Armstrong scored last season. We were dominant for most of the 90.
    I think a couple of you just need to stop whingeing and enjoy the football.
    We looked good up front. We did last season sometimes. When you concede 3 goals a game, and we do, then you will need to be something special. Which we arent.
    The problem is in the midfield. Whichever 3 we pick are simply not offering the defence any cover. Travis isnt improving. He is standing still. Johnson as we know is slow and offers little. Holbty yet again proved to be too weak to make a real impact. This is last season all over again. Their player runs 60 yards unchallenged to score their 3rd goal. Walked through our midfield like it wasnt there. Nobody can disagree that defence is simply not good enough. Lenihan simply wont improve next to William's mark my words. He will go backwards. Bell is an issue.
    But it's all about the midfield. None of any 3 we pick whoever they are, play for 90 mins. Hence Rovers look ok for 20 min spells. But rarley for a whole game. The mid dont create enough. And they fail to cover a leaky defence. Hence it will be no different to last season. A win here and there, followed by a defeat followed by dropped points when they draw a game they should've won. At best they will get the same points as last season.
    If you enjoy watching the side you follow conceed 3 goals yet again then you cabt have much affiliation with that club.

Since lockdown was lifted. Rovers have won just 4 games. Out of 13. Its relegation form. No doubt about it. They have taken the Sam's form into a new season.

Bournemouth scored three goals that were well crafted and superbly finished.
    If we'd scored them, nobody would be talking about "defensive errors". (Arjuna is clearly PL class).
    We scored two, had a marginal off-side goal ruled out, and probably should have got at least one more from the chances that fell to Armstrong, Brereton, Dolan and Evans.
    Fans on the Bournemouth sites admit that we dominated for over half of the game and several said they'd expect us to be near the play-offs on that showing. Our high press gave them lots of problems. I actually think TM would have done better to play Evans ahead of Johnson, because he provides better defensive cover - but I am naturally cautious.
    We obviously need two defenders, although I thought Williams played well.
    There is still a month to go in the window. Even if we only make one signing, I saw no sign that we are a relegation team. We still have Dack and Gallagher to return, and it is obvious we will continue to score a lot of goals.
    Judged on that performance, I am really looking forward to the rest of the season because I expect us to be involved in lots of exciting games.

I meant Danjuma!

Bournemouth scored three goals that were well crafted and superbly finished.
    If we'd scored them, nobody would be talking about "defensive errors". (Arjuna is clearly PL class).
    We scored two, had a marginal off-side goal ruled out, and probably should have got at least one more from the chances that fell to Armstrong, Brereton, Dolan and Evans.
    Fans on the Bournemouth sites admit that we dominated for over half of the game and several said they'd expect us to be near the play-offs on that showing. Our high press gave them lots of problems. I actually think TM would have done better to play Evans ahead of Johnson, because he provides better defensive cover - but I am naturally cautious.
    We obviously need two defenders, although I thought Williams played well.
    There is still a month to go in the window. Even if we only make one signing, I saw no sign that we are a relegation team. We still have Dack and Gallagher to return, and it is obvious we will continue to score a lot of goals.
    Judged on that performance, I am really looking forward to the rest of the season because I expect us to be involved in lots of exciting games.
    You don't dominate a game and conceed 3 goals. All 3 goals where preventable from a defensive point of view. The 3rd goal was a 60 yard run through our non existent midfield. Any decent side would stop that run. Then finally he strolled past Lehihan like he wasn't there. Exactly like last season, Rovers played well for spells. Conceeded way too many goals. There will ALWAYS be an excuse. We where unlucky. All 3 where the greatest goals scored by any side anywhere in the world. We didnt play well. Today wasn't our day. We have too many injuries. etc etc etc. Every week, a bag full of excuses, but no actual change. The reason, because NOTHING has changed. We still have a poor defence, we still have a non existent midfield.
    4 wins in 13 games should be one HUGE sign Aucks that something just isn't right. You don't go down in one single isolated game. You go down on form, over a longer period. If Rovers are not careful they will get dragged into a relegation battle. The signs are there. We conceed goals every game. Even 2 to Doncaster. The signs are there. you are choosing not to see them.
    Dack could just as easily not properly recover from a bad injury. So pinning all hopes on him is a thankless task. I have seen better stronger players than him not return anything like the same player from that same inury.
    SG scored 4 goals last season. He will need to show some kind of form to not be a complete let down again. While he showed very very small glimers he may improve, there is absolutely nothing to say he is going to improve. Just hope.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)