+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bournemouth away Sat 12/09/20 match thread

Just far too much gloom.
    I think there is a lot in this team to be excited about.
    You cannot deny that they were three excellent goals.
    How can you describe Travis and Evans, for example, as a "non-existent midfield"? It is sheer exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Just far too much gloom.
    I think there is a lot in this team to be excited about.
    You cannot deny that they were three excellent goals.
    How can you describe Travis and Evans, for example, as a "non-existent midfield"? It is sheer exaggeration.
    We ship goals every game. And there is no defensive cover. Whichever 3 in midfield Rovers play, will never offer any actual cover for a poor defence. hence they conceed goals every game. 3 to Reading, 3 to Luton, 2 to Doncaster, 3 to Bournemouth.
    But the facts I present are 'sheer exaggeration'.
    Wonder how many they will ship tonight? 2, 3 or 4?
    But when they do, it will be 'all their goals where just unlucky'. Or 'all 4 where world class' or 'it just wasn't our night'. Or 'we had too many injuries'.

I will sound like a broken record all season. We will continue to ship goals until it is addressed. Until the midfield is sorted, nothing will change. We will carry on conceeding goals, so unless we score on average 4 a game (which we won't) then we will be going absolutely nowhere. And another season excatly the same as the last will occur.

But it's all relative, Champs.
    Are you saying we have one of the weakest sets of midfield players in the League?
    That is, no possible combination from the following is decent?
    Travis, Evans, Holtby, Johnson, Bennett, Buckley, Davenport, Rothwell, Rankin-Costello, Chapman, Dolan.
    Yes - sheer exaggeration.
    We are talking about a comparatively weak Championship - not some elite League!
    We were fifth-highest scorers, last season, and had only the 12th-worst defensive record (out of 24!) in the Division.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar pattern in 2020-21. You are deliberately avoiding any positives.
    The guys on Rovers Chat who do the analysis thought Travis, Johnson and Holtby all played well.
    Personally, I didn't think it was one of Travis's better games, but none of them were awful, which is what you seem to be implying.
    I saw Bournemouth's goals as excellent, speedy counter-attacks, finished as well as we'll witness all season. And this was a team just down from the PL, with one player who cost more than our whole squad!
    None of that diminishes from the fact that we need two solid experienced defenders, but lots of teams are struggling to get players in, and we don't know that we WON'T end up with some decent signings. There are still several weeks to go.
    To be honest, I can't see the point at all of a second keeper at about 300,000 quid. I would keep both Fisher and Eastham at Ewood and take the risk.
    I think there's not a lot of chance of us reaching a play-off place, but when I look at the other teams, I reach the same conclusion about around 20 of them! Mainly, I am just looking forward to several of our youngsters establishing themselves as Championship regulars, and I relish the prospect of Dack and Armstrong against some of the weaker teams.
    If we finish mid-table, so be it. I don't really mind. I think the chance of relegation is practically zero.

I agree that with this squad relegation should be minimal,but we need to move forward.
    Mid table is going nowhere and what we have now is exactly that.
    Ayala,the young chap from boro(sorry name escapes me)and a decent left back and I would certainly be looking at 5th or 6th place.
    We have a attacking unit that is as good as most in this league,its defensively we are quite poor.
    I would persist with travis and Evans,along with Ayala and lenihan at the back,we would have a decent team.
    Left back is a problem for us and I hope mowbray has a player in the pipeline because bell will be the cause of many a goal this season,and I hate singling people out.

But it's all relative, Champs.
    Are you saying we have one of the weakest sets of midfield players in the League?
    That is, no possible combination from the following is decent?
    Travis, Evans, Holtby, Johnson, Bennett, Buckley, Davenport, Rothwell, Rankin-Costello, Chapman, Dolan.
    Yes - sheer exaggeration.
    We are talking about a comparatively weak Championship - not some elite League!
    We were fifth-highest scorers, last season, and had only the 12th-worst defensive record (out of 24!) in the Division.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar pattern in 2020-21. You are deliberately avoiding any positives.
    The guys on Rovers Chat who do the analysis thought Travis, Johnson and Holtby all played well.
    Personally, I didn't think it was one of Travis's better games, but none of them were awful, which is what you seem to be implying.
    I saw Bournemouth's goals as excellent, speedy counter-attacks, finished as well as we'll witness all season. And this was a team just down from the PL, with one player who cost more than our whole squad!
    None of that diminishes from the fact that we need two solid experienced defenders, but lots of teams are struggling to get players in, and we don't know that we WON'T end up with some decent signings. There are still several weeks to go.
    To be honest, I can't see the point at all of a second keeper at about 300,000 quid. I would keep both Fisher and Eastham at Ewood and take the risk.
    I think there's not a lot of chance of us reaching a play-off place, but when I look at the other teams, I reach the same conclusion about around 20 of them! Mainly, I am just looking forward to several of our youngsters establishing themselves as Championship regulars, and I relish the prospect of Dack and Armstrong against some of the weaker teams.
    If we finish mid-table, so be it. I don't really mind. I think the chance of relegation is practically zero.

Did you see Doncaster's 2 goals? Or Luton's 3 goals?
    Or Readings 3 goals? Or where they are world class unable to be stopped aswell? And all down to luck?
    Who played in all this games? A different midfield or the same? Whats changed?
    Nothing, still shipping goals. Every week it will be a bunch of excuses. I'm bored of it all, and not falling for it anymore.

We are mid-table at best in a woefully poor league. We are pretty poor.
    I would say right now we have a FAR FAR higher risk of being in a relegation fight. One thing i will tell you, they the chances of them getting in the Play-offs are practically zero. And that will proved to be correct by the end of yet another middling, frustrating season.

If you tell this lot they played really well down at Bournemouth and they should just take the positives, then we will simply never improve. And that's excatly what happened. They got a big pat on the back for going losing a game, conceeding another 3 goals and not winning. Yet again.

If you settle for mediocrity that is all you will ever get. Some people do not want to settle for that. And paying money to watch that mediocre rubbish isn't something me and thousands of others are no longer willing to do.

I agree, the lad who scored the winner on Sat cost alot. Stokes side last season cost a lot. Still finished in the bottom 5. After coming down, that means nothing at all. Just a load of wasted money. Rover have wasted £12m on 2 strikers who cant score goals. So what.
    The fact the lad ran 60 yards unchallenged was clearly missed by you and those other footballing experts who all went round high fiving one another and players in yet another game we conceeding 3 poor goals, all solely down to having a poor midfield. In front of woeful defence.

Relegation form.Choose to ignore it all you like.

Sand, buried, head

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post

Sand, buried, head
    Nonsense.
    It's just a question of recognising that there are numerous positives.
    You and Champs are determined only to focus on the negative side, and part of that - for you - is a determination that Mowbray should never be viewed in anything but a bad light.

Nonsense.
    It's just a question of recognising that there are numerous positives.
    You and Champs are determined only to focus on the negative side, and part of that - for you - is a determination that Mowbray should never be viewed in anything but a bad light.
    4 wins in 14 games says more than any words me, you or Sven will say.
    Now we have lost Travis until Xmas at the very least.
    I have lost count of the amount of teams I have seen throughout the years who play a little bit of pretty football for short 20 mins spells in games without having any defensive stability and no bite up front. Teams like that go nowhere.
    They will do well to stay up this season.
    If they dont beat Wycombe on Sat they are in trouble imo.
    Who starts favourites in this game btw? Rovers? 4 wins in 14 games? I would say we do NOT start favourites. To Wycombe!!!
    I will take a poor, scrappy 1-0 win now.
    Hardly positive stuff.

He's on my ignore list Champs, I'd forgotten about that function.
    Best place for WUM's

I love the pressing and possesion game we're playing and am surprised how well we do it, albeit it's mainly sideways and backwards. really good to see though.

However the defence still needs sorting and we need a centre forward / goal scorer in the box / poacher / target man, ideally all 4 rolled nto one! I never want to see Brereton in the team again, utterly pointless. I'd loan him oiut until Jan to see if he can find confidence elsewhere.

I'll be driving dahn sath on Saturday afternoon so will miss that one.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    He's on my ignore list Champs, I'd forgotten about that function.
    Best place for WUM's

I love the pressing and possesion game we're playing and am surprised how well we do it, albeit it's mainly sideways and backwards. really good to see though.

However the defence still needs sorting and we need a centre forward / goal scorer in the box / poacher / target man, ideally all 4 rolled nto one! I never want to see Brereton in the team again, utterly pointless. I'd loan him oiut until Jan to see if he can find confidence elsewhere.

I'll be driving dahn sath on Saturday afternoon so will miss that one.
    I'll be staying out of the way if Sat's result goes the way I think. As I will be unable to read the positives from that one.
    Wycombe are a Prem side.
    It just wasn't ouyr day.
    All 3 Wycombe goals where all world class.
    Wycombe look a decent side.
    And so on ......

Enjoy your trip down Sath mate!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)