+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bournemouth away Sat 12/09/20 match thread

Champs - and what will you say if we DO beat Wycombe?
    Probably "That's nothing to brag about - it's only what we should be doing."

You see what I'm saying. You have become as one-eyed as some of the Telegraph posters.
    You need to be more realistic about what kind of club we are these days.
    Clubs of our size are bound to go through ups-and-downs.
    I have followed us to some bleak grounds with a crowd of 2,000.
    I just like to watch, game by game, and let the season take care of itself.

My concern is wycombe doing a Luton.
    Time waste all game,play very defence and catch us on the break.
    It brings back so many unwanted memories of a very long car journey home with a car full of Luton fans.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs - and what will you say if we DO beat Wycombe?
    Probably "That's nothing to brag about - it's only what we should be doing."

You see what I'm saying. You have become as one-eyed as some of the Telegraph posters.
    You need to be more realistic about what kind of club we are these days.
    Clubs of our size are bound to go through ups-and-downs.
    I have followed us to some bleak grounds with a crowd of 2,000.
    I just like to watch, game by game, and let the season take care of itself.

I can see that, and I would not want to turn into one of those blinkered people.
    I watch alot of Barrow. I spent from the age 7 up to 16 watching Bury home and away.
    Going to games with less than 2,000 on. I have witnessed the bleakest of bleak.
    I know what poor looks like. I know what its like to follow a club with little or no chance of winning, yet still turned out and enjoyed it all the same. Season after season after season.
    Blackburn have this unbelievable facility. A world class training centre. Changing rooms that are bigger than any house I will ever live in. Facilities that are jaw dropping. The footballers at BRFC want for nothing. Luxury transport. Expensive hotels.
    They all get wonderful pay. They earn more in a week, than I do in 30 years. These are very much 2nd rate footballers aswell.

Please do not undervalue them. Or paint a picture of me you do not not know. I am not some idiot.
    They have everything they could want. And more.
    And some simply do not warrant it.
    Alot this country live in poverty. And go without alot. Meanwhile this lot live very rich and luxurious lifestyles.
    I feel its all a bit pathetic. They don't push themselves. They do dont go above and beyond. They act like its just a job. Where they arent handed every advantage people like me are not.
    So you want me to feel sorry for them> Because we don't go out and spend £30m every transfer window.
    Its not some tin pot club Aucks. Not if like me you saw what its like to follow Bury FC. Or go to Barrow.
    They massively underperform alot.
    You pay zero money into the club. You contribute nothing. You go without nothing.
    People like me, who pay for a season ticket every season and pump thousands into my club every year have every right to become disillusioned. There are thousands like me.
    Not having a go, but equally, its rather easy to sit where you are and have no actual affiliation to a club and say 'just sit back and watch them lose very week, its fun'.
    It isn't. You may be the kind of person that enjoys losing, I do not. Not when you are handed everything on a sliver plate.
    I cant stand the pathetic excuses. I cant stand the lies. The lack of work ethic.
    They are good enough. They have everything they need to succeed. they have one of the best facilities in the entire world to train, and get better. So please, I find all of what you suggest quite patronising.

If they beat Wycombe good! I will be happy. Ultimately I want Rovers to do well. I have invested a huge amount of time, money and effort into my club. If I didnt care, I wouldnt have done all of that. Half the posters on the Lancs telegraph are Burnley fans, simply on a wind up mission. Most of them never set foot in Ewood. Alot of them have no understanding of football. I do. I have stamped my card for over 30 years inside football grounds. From the top all the way down to the very bottom.

this is not some little no mark club. They have all the riches they could ever want. I expect alot more. And its apparent I will not get that. On another point, I could not continue as a fan simply watching them on TV. You feel no affiliation, you are not part of it. And watching on TV is simoly not for me. That turns me off. And that goes for all football rite now. I am just not enjoying it, I dont agree with it, and I am fed up with the whole thing. And I am sick of peolle making excuses for a bunch of really well paid young lads who are handed everything. And have the best of the best facilities. But you want me to sit and hear and say ....awwww poor little Blackburn rovers.

*******s to that.
    We have better training facilities than Wycombe. We have a £5m a year acadmey they do NOT have. We outspend them every single year. Yes Aucks, I would fully expect us to beat them, with ease. If we played Liverpool on Sat, I would expect them to beat us. 10 times out of 10. The difference is, I would not expect us to beat little Wycombe 10 times out of 10. We should be. Just that will not be the case. It will be a struggle. mark my words.

I'm not asking you to feel sorry for anyone. Football players are obscenely overpaid.
    I am simply saying you are not being realistic about the current status of Blackburn Rovers.
    A club is what it is at any given moment.
    Sunderland fans are probably saying, "No way should we be in the Third Division," but they are, and have been for some time. Look what Leeds went through too.
    We don't have a divine right to be better than Wycombe.
    And I still think you're exaggerating when you talk about watching the team lose, week after week.
    2019-20: W-17; D-12; L-17.
    I have no idea what is going to happen in any individual game, but you talk as if you can predict the whole season.
    When we lived in England, I followed Rovers around the country. Fair enough, I'm only contributing via iFollow and merchandise now, but I don't think that disqualifies me from having an opinion.
    My bottom line is, I have followed Rovers all my life and I don't care what Division that is in. During the reign of the loathsome Kean and the protests against Venky's, I would still have attended - because the politics doesn't really matter to me. It's a question of just going to the game every week because that's what you do.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)