+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bournemouth away Sat 12/09/20 match thread

Bournemouth away Sat 12/09/20 match thread

First match of the season.
    I think it's Mowbray's 8th transfer window, plenty of time left in this one, but he still hasn't solved the defensive issues.
    That in itself should be a sackable offence.
    This is the season where he wanted a promotion push. It's eminently possible for a decent manager but is TM up for it?
    I don't think he should even have the chance but would love to be proven wrong.
    Poor transfer record.
    Never knows his best eleven.
    Tactically naive.
    Not a manager of men.
    A dinosaur and completely out of touch with the modern game.
    COYB!
    Last edited by seventwo; 10-09-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Frankly, lots of that is sheer exaggeration - and I'm being polite.

I don't think they will get any defenders in. I don't think they have any money. Williams will probably stay if they don't get anyone in. The defence will be there weak link again, as it's not been addressed. And we miss too many good chances up front and are not clinical enough. Any improvements in those 2 area's and they will improve on last seasons finish.
    It's a piss poor league quality wise. Alot of teams going nowhere.
    If they lost one of Lenihan or Williams for any length of time (and they will to injury and suspensions) they will probably end up fighting relegation. If they manage to keep everyone fit and in form they may do ok.

They will finish somewhere around 10-14th again, similar points to last season imo.
    I will not be renewing my season ticket. And will not be shelling out £10 per game to watch god awful matches online with no crowds. The end of last season was so pathetic from everyone associated at Rovers I am just put off. I won't be seeing games, so will be tough to comment on things I have no see. Other than a 1 min highlights thing on Youtube.

I've signed up to ifollow video

Ah, just remembered the ignore function

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    I've signed up to ifollow video
    Film it and and I will facetime you and watch it

It's easy to do ...

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I don't think they will get any defenders in. I don't think they have any money. Williams will probably stay if they don't get anyone in. The defence will be there weak link again, as it's not been addressed. And we miss too many good chances up front and are not clinical enough. Any improvements in those 2 area's and they will improve on last seasons finish.
    It's a piss poor league quality wise. Alot of teams going nowhere.
    If they lost one of Lenihan or Williams for any length of time (and they will to injury and suspensions) they will probably end up fighting relegation. If they manage to keep everyone fit and in form they may do ok.

They will finish somewhere around 10-14th again, similar points to last season imo.
    I will not be renewing my season ticket. And will not be shelling out £10 per game to watch god awful matches online with no crowds. The end of last season was so pathetic from everyone associated at Rovers I am just put off. I won't be seeing games, so will be tough to comment on things I have no see. Other than a 1 min highlights thing on Youtube.
    Champs, are you serious?
    We've been in much worse situations than this.
    I would say we are two players short of a squad that could (not will) challenge for a play-off place.
    Brereton and Gallagher have not repaid their fees yet, but both have showed much more promise recently.
    We now have a squad which indicates the Academy paying off in a big way.
    I think both Rankin-Costello and Buckley could become big-name players.
    In front of the defence, we have loads of options, including numerous, exciting, attack-minded players.
    We all know we need an experienced centre-back, but I am actually okay with Williams playing, because his positional sense compensates for his lesser qualities, and he actually distributes the ball better than Lenihan. In any case, the window is open for another month.
    I am still uneasy about Bell, and we clearly need another player to at least cover his position. There is also talk about a second keeper. Fair enough, but that's probably someone to spend most of the year sitting on the bench.
    We were in a transition-situation last season, and we were without Dack for most of it, but we were still the fifth highest scorers in the League. Defensively, we were 12th of 24 for goals conceded, so even there, things weren't as dire as most fans suggest.
    I just can't see where all the gloom is coming from.
    Realistically, we are a Championship club these days - with limited resources. The market is a shambles at the moment, with PL clubs getting even more advantages than usual.
    On top of that, agents are being allowed to rule the roost.
    You forecast a possible 10th place, as if it's the end of the world. I just don't get that. We have no automatic right to a promotion-spot.
    I'm quite excited by the Bournemouth game, as it will be a good benchmark, but if we lose, I won't be in despair.
    I can quite see us being win-one/draw-one/lose-one again this season, and I can't say that I am particularly bothered by that. We'd prefer consistency, obviously, but how many teams WERE consistent last season? It is simply a very even division.
    At this stage, I'd go for Brentford to win it, so they'll probably finish 9th!

I am content with our attacking options but as champs said any injuries and I fear for our already thin defence.
    Left back and a decent back up/first team centre back is an absolute must.
    A back up keeper is also required should injuries occur.
    I am not overly impressed with what I have seen from fisher and get the impression the Newcastle game,will be the last chance for him to prove he is worthy back up material.
    I also echo the we will finish between 10th and 14th but with a month of a window to go who knows.

Well with the squad available I can't criticise his team selection.
    I wonder which 20 minutes they will play?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)