+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11th September 1965

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Evening Peter,are you having a 9/11 party?.
    Na, the very thought of 11-9-65 has sent Peter to bed early.

Gunboat, as a kid at the time I didn't really get the full significance of that day but things in the city of Dundee footballwise were never the same afterwards.

Just looking through the records.. Year before we played them 6 times and won 5 of them.

Interesting that the first time we finished above them was 1961
    then a strange thing happened in 1962 (i canna mind)
    then we finished above them in 1963.

Look, I’ve said before you’re all haverin’. Anything before Year Zero (1979) simply doesn’t exist. Infact it’s an impossibility don’t you realise.

Quote Originally Posted by GFLower View Post
    Na, the very thought of 11-9-65 has sent Peter to bed early.

Gunboat, as a kid at the time I didn't really get the full significance of that day but things in the city of Dundee footballwise were never the same afterwards.
    Yeah, you really had to be there, there was something magical about it. It had the significance of 0 - 10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)