+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League Review ⚽️ 2020/2021

Hey Rosie, I'm sorry to hear you are not well! I hope you feel better soon.

Please don't worry about the update - I never fail to be amazed at how you do them week in, week out. I know how long they take, and I certainly never managed your regularity of updates when I was doing them. You put me to shame!

I was going to offer to do an update for you when I saw your post, but see Hubball trouble beat me to it! Thank goodness he didn't mention my drop to 3rd! Pep taking his revenge for my 2nd guessing him last week.

I hope you are tucked up, cosily, under a blanket, feet up, getting lots of rest.

And well done on your 66 points!

You look after yourself.

Love Winnie xxx

Firstly, the bad news, I'm standing in for Miss Rosie for the rest of the season, as she takes a bit of time out to recover from a nasty injury, and I'm all sure we all wish her lots of love and all the very best for her recovery. I'm a lot numerically challenged, so please forgive me for not being able to provide a match for her wonderful statistically detailed and brilliant write ups (if I can get you lot in the right order I'll be doing well), and I'm an awful lot out of practice, so please play nicely, and no sniggering at the back (Yes, I can see you AV! Or, as Oz would probably say, put a windsock in it ) Right, are you all sitting comfortably? Then I shall begin ...

Proving to be a (red) devil of a week for many of our VM Fantasy Managers, we will shortly discover which Kiwi junior smartypants manager earned smuggy smug pants bragging rights over his dad (yesss! ), following his lucky luck pants decision (umm I mean his genius tactical decision) not to Bale out before the going got good, and who's eyes Glazered over, as they saw their Bongo style visions (or hallucinations?) of Fantasy Super League status disappear in a red flare haze at the Theatre of Dreams ...

Waking up in a cold sweat after yet another night terror that his bete noire, Winnie, was hot on his heels and about to snatch away his long wished for Fantasy crown, Sam and his Get Well Soon Rosie x squad mopped their drippy brows with relief after discovering David still in 2nd place with a gap of 59 points, with said drippy faces, now wet with tears of laughter on finding Harry had knocked Sam's worst nightmare back into 4th with squillions of points now safely between them. Huh!

Beginning to wonder if his Krusade to find his way to the Holy Grail Fantasy Champions League was just a pipe dream was Jesh, as he tumbled to 5th, as Winnie cheered up on finding Yubby in a stroppy sulk in 6th place. More on that later, but thank you footballing gods!

Meanwhile, tucking himself into bed at his press conference (he's 11 hours ahead of us so was a bit tired), Ozfan spoke of his wish for a pectacular beautiful dream enabling him to relive his beautiful game victory over Bongo's Big Foot United this weekend. Oz said he particularly enjoyed the look on Bongo's face as he knocked him out of 7th place, informing journalists that he's invented a dream remote control so he can put that bit on still. Being a good sport, Bongo replied that Oz is just a great Big Footed bogeyman, as rumours mysteriously began to circulate that Oz is really Bill Gates wearing a handsome Australian big man suit, with his success this weekend evidencing Oz's ruthless pursuit of a new Fantasy League order.

After distracting Winnie's team in her new role as the new Warriors' mascot girl a little tooooo much in her s e x y white Abba boots, 9th placed Rosie wistfully daydreamed for long gone starry goal filled nights with Fernand(o)ez, but told her journalist friends that she would pick him the same again, while reigning champ, Picasso, reminisced about the days when he could actually pick Captains who scored, as he held onto his top 10 place again this week.

Missing in action from their press conferences this week are 11th placed former two times Fantasy champ, HJ, and Winnie's favourite 12th placed half glass full/empty manager Nuc (I haven't forgotten!), but Winnie very much hopes they will find their way out of mid table obscurity and come and say hello x

Nonchalantly quashing horrid stories put out by his jealous pants dad, Oz, who outrageously accused Liam of the heinous crime of fixing Bale's hat-trick this week with the offer of 3 fluff covered wine gums and a half eaten packet of crisps, is Liam, who proved that number 13 is lucky for him! I'm so cross I sold him, Liam!

I'm also hunting for MIA managers, Gornal and BB, who remain in 14th and 15th places respectively. I did catch sight of AV wafting about in pink earlier, so suspect he may have pinched BB's pink silk jacket again, and BB's gone looking. You know where to find it now, BB!

Tippy toeing above relegation is twice champ Mr Snazzy Owen, as Iwuz, AV (yep, BB, he's wearing it!) and Will keep their spirits up by partying to the sound of Bolan's Boogie Boys.

Manager of the Week is, of course, the one and only Liam, who's team Aston Liam won him a fantastic 62 points,with Harry claiming the runner up spot with an impressive 58 points in a tough week. BB just a point behind him in 3rd place.

Mare/Drongo of the Week award goes to ... Yubby with an absolutely atrocious 17 points! Yaaaay! I waited all write up to say that, bro, if you are reading! Yubby's first VM dad, AV, not far behind him with 21 points.

Team sheets to be handed in by 18.30 Friday 7th May.

Good luck all! x
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 05-05-2021 at 03:24 AM.

Great read Winnie 💥 certainly bought back memories of your updates from days gone bye.

The kids showed the adults how it should be done this week. Well done Liam💥and Harry💥out scoring your Dad must feel very satisfying. 🤪 Good to see the legend BB mixing it with them.😜

Thanks Sam 🤩I feel so honoured to be mentioned in your team name. I sincerely hope I don’t put the mockers on them. 😜 As the official new mascot for Winnie’s team I have failed spectacularly and this week going for the pity approach I am not proud. 😜🤪😝 Feel free to sack me any time you wish Winnie.

As for my own team made an elementary mistake forgot Man City where playing in the Champions League I am blaming the medication for all my errors.

Still the same Winnie enjoying a gloat at Yubby’s expense. Lol 🤪😝😜

Lol that made me laff good write up Winnie........Rosie hope you are feeling a little better ...listen to a bit of glam that will make you smile

Any longer and it would have needed chapters still, at least you managed to see beyond the vaunted ***y top 6 unlike someone we won't mention. cough RoSie cough cough. Liam's a bit gobby considering he sold Bale just after deadline but I'll pay him his dues working his way to mid table after being stuck in relegation most of the season.

I would never say 'put a windsock in it' Mainly because it would make no sense. AV would agree with me.

Can't see anyone catching Sam this year. Bit between the teeth.

Get well Rosie.

Thanks Rosie and AV. Rosie, you are not sacked, you just need to wear a longer skirt next week. My Warriors were too busy looking at your legs to notice the ball!

Mr picky pick Ozfan. You can write next week's update! Show me and Rosie how it should be done! Some people are nevvver happy! Mutter mutter. Liam did good.

Challenge accepted!

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan View Post
    Challenge accepted!

Have I got this right Oz has volunteered to write the updates for Gameweek 35 this should be good Winnie can’t wait.
    😝🤪😝

He certainly did, Rosie! I'll get extra popcorn in for us to share. We can throw it at him if he gets too cheeky!

Well done, Mr Ozfan. Looking forward to this!

Twice champion tiptoeing above the drop 😱😢 fall from grace here eh 🤣

Thanks Winnie , great stuff..

Hope your feeling better Rosie ❤️

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)