+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Australian observatory examines 10,000 galaxies

I am not railroading you to my agenda, but simply asking you to respond to it, which you refuse to do. Why is that then? Platos republic has the first account of a near death experience. They all go through the same process, no matter what country or religion the person belongs too. You cant dismiss it. You cant.

Your view is that there is no god, no future, no meaning to anything. Life to you is like a dusty sideboard in an old house that just sits there for decades, then through entropy disappears. My God! No pun intended. Not much fun there. In a way you might be right.

There is a law that states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, yet the Universe will end, everything will burn out. So how can that be? And yet while the Universe is going through its life span, we are inventing the wheel, space flight, etc.

At some point you have been green slime at the bottom of a river gorge at some god forsaken point in the past on some distant planet on your way up the chain of existence. Be glad you have achieved the high office of being a Carlisle fan, on your way to your destiny.

Now imagine Carlisle city council building a park for children to play in. Then when that wears out, it builds another, then another. Thats all i suspect the Universe is, a play pen, with the role of being a little bit of fun for those growing up, and finding out who they are.

And then doing it all over again, and again, as there is every indication that existence is infinite, it has no end.

So in a way you are right, life is empty, not because of the reasons you believe in, but because we are infinite, and that what you are doing today you have done innumerable times before, on a million different planets, in a million different Universes.

To be honest, that makes it pointless. But how else can eternal life be coped with? Forgetting our origins, our eternity is so important. If something exists, it has always existed, you cant create something from nothing, and because we exist, it gives meaning to non existence, because something existed.

Once something has existed, it cant stop existing, even if it does, because it was there a minute ago.

You exist. You cant deny that.

It is as simple as this. The universe exists. To say that a creator / God made it is silly. This attitude is God Of The Gaps, which has zero credibility.

In fact there is also an Aliens Of The Gaps syndrome. Some folk see flying things that they do not recognise and immediately define them as alien craft. 95% of UFO / UAP sightings are explained as routine phenomena. The remaining 5% are unknown. But everything in this category is categorised by some folk as definitely alien. Aliens Of The Gaps has no more credibility than God Of The Gaps.

You may well give great credibility to the contents of the Bible, you know, that book which we know has "In The Beginning" as no more than 10,000 years ago when there had actually been human beings in our current form for more than 200,000 years. It is a horrible publication, very misogynist.

The fact that I acknowledge that I exist does not give any credence whatsoever to your argument that precedes it.

I do not believe that there is a creator / God. In no way is that a definitive statement that there is no creator / God. I merely believe that there is no creator / God in the same sense that I believe that there are no fairies and no leprechauns.

How do you know that there are no fairies or Leprechauns? Everything has an anchor in reality. Maybe i have helped you along. Or not. Does god have a god? Can you imagine, by spiritual development becoming a God? Just imagine being in the same room and meeting Abraham Lincoln, or Winston Churchill. Lets not get side tracked into a silly argument.

Then multiply that by a million or two. But you are that person, how would that feel like? Maybe that is the point. Ecstasy, permanently.

The long winter evenings must simply fly by.

I do not know that there are no fairies and leprechauns and I have not stated that I do know. You really must be more careful with your accusations. I stated that I do not believe that there are fairies and leprechauns, just as I similarly do not believe that there is a God.

If anyone can produce evidence of there being fairies or leprechauns or God then I shall have no choice but to believe it. Such has not thus far been the case.

Anyone bringing spiritualism into a dialogue is seeking to use a mechanism to put forward utter b­ollocks. In the realm of spiritualism absolutely anything can be argued as being legitimate. It is my spiritual belief that Elland Road football ground should be destroyed, so that's OK. In fact the Creator of the universe told me that he heartily approved.

Your beginning to get a grip on how powerful your mind is. You can create anything you want in your mind, and on that level, it exists. It is a statistical fact that in a double blind experiment, 11 per cent of people who were prayed for got better, improved, or were cured compared to those that were not. 11 PER CENT.

I dont want to get into an argument about whether this is true or not, it is.

Using your own method of belief, you must now believe in the healing power of the mind, among other things.

If you wish Elland road to be destroyed, the process begins. Thoughts have been proven to have an effect in the physical world. Thoughts are things.

Yes they are.

I don’t think that was a result of prayer, Frank. I think those folk KNEW that they were being prayed for, which helped them. I saw some studies done in Bristol a couple of decades ago about the power of positivity amongst cancer patients. Those that were taught to be positive achieved better outcomes. Those folk who knew they were being prayed for were simply more positive Therefore achieved better outcomes. It doesn’t mean that there’s a God.

Yes im sure cancer is generated by unhappiness stress or whatever. A very long time ago my life was changed by a PDSA charity shop, its amazing what can be thrown into your path, like this conversation.

Take it or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)