+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dundee Scotland’s 2nd biggest yes city

Dundee Scotland’s 2nd biggest yes city

Always liked dundee for their stance on Indy. Never met a true dundonian who didn’t vote yes. Glasgow is similar. Although I’m aware there is more unionism and those who do not care for what is best overall.

But the overwhelming majority of Glasgow is a yes. Starting to look like the rest of the country is on board now. The last 7 polls say we are going to vote to leave the sinking ship

Failte agus slainte

Yet you sit in a stadium awash with Union flags, happily singing along to Rule Britannia and God Save the Queen 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    Always liked dundee for their stance on Indy. Never met a true dundonian who didn’t vote yes. Glasgow is similar. Although I’m aware there is more unionism and those who do not care for what is best overall.

But the overwhelming majority of Glasgow is a yes. Starting to look like the rest of the country is on board now. The last 7 polls say we are going to vote to leave the sinking ship

Failte agus slainte
    Does this mean you’ve stopped the boycott of the City? Shame that.

Your right jj :Yet you sit in a stadium awash with Union flags, happily singing along to Rule Britannia and God Save the Queen 🤔
    Interesting view right enough
    Last edited by Jim_Jam; 12-09-2020 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Yet you sit in a stadium awash with Union flags, happily singing along to Rule Britannia and God Save the Queen 🤔
    Is this not a reason for praise then?

It can't be easy to be swimming against the tide of popular opinion of your peers - assuming that is the popular opinion of the majority of Rangers fans. There may be as many independence supporters as unionists in their ranks but they just don't air their views because of the reaction they would get from the 'staunch'.

I know a good few Rangers fans that have no time for some of the nonsense that goes on at their club but like most football fans, they have had no choice in what team they support.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    Is this not a reason for praise then?

It can't be easy to be swimming against the tide of popular opinion of your peers - assuming that is the popular opinion of the majority of Rangers fans. There may be as many independence supporters as unionists in their ranks but they just don't air their views because of the reaction they would get from the 'staunch'.

I know a good few Rangers fans that have no time for some of the nonsense that goes on at their club but like most football fans, they have had no choice in what team they support.
    Like, you, I know a few Rangers fans, who have no time for all the nonsense that goes on at Ibrox. I try and treat people as individuals rather than stereotype/generalise. Mind you, I know a few Rangers fans that are absolute belters too!

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    Like, you, I know a few Rangers fans, who have no time for all the nonsense that goes on at Ibrox. I try and treat people as individuals rather than stereotype/generalise. Mind you, I know a few Rangers fans that are absolute belters too!
    Agree also, I know and deal with a number of very decent Rangers people and surprisingly many have a genuine interest in United. Many have no interest in all the other s.hite that goes with the Glasgae bigotry, only interested in the football and their team. Don’t see how you can block that all out but there you go.We should try not tar them all with the same brush as the frothing mutants on the Internet. No easy though.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    Agree also, I know and deal with a number of very decent Rangers people and surprisingly many have a genuine interest in United. Many have no interest in all the other s.hite that goes with the Glasgae bigotry, only interested in the football and their team. Don’t see how you can block that all out but there you go.We should try not tar them all with the same brush as the frothing mutants on the Internet. No easy though.
    Indeed we do have what seems to be a more vocal minority, although I think many are just trying to wind up tims. I know loads of bears who want independence. It doesn’t seem like we can talk without being called tims though

Many also have a genuine respect and interest in United from the days of when you were a really exciting European club. The respect may have dwindled over recent years when your chairman charged us twice etc.

I think we did you a real turn with Andy Webster

Anyway it’s all banter and I’m sure you hate is as much as aberdeen do. It just makes the fixture more interesting in my opinion. It’s just a shame you can’t raise your game for the beggars in the same way!

I work with a couple of Rangers fans who are big supporters of Indy. The thing is though they wouldnt shout it from the rooftops at Ibrox or on their forums. I have seen it myself browsing follow follow where a poster posts something even vaguely pro indy they get absolutely set upon and a torrent of abuse. It means indy supporters will stay silent and and these unionists keep their echo chamber. One of the most rabid unionists is George Galloway who claims to be a sellik man.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    ...when your chairman charged us twice etc.
    I'm sure you are well aware of this and just at the wind up but we did charge home fans exactly the same as away fans for the rerun of the postponed match.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)