+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Where will we finish?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So where do you think we'll finish?

I think if we can get the form we had prior to lock down, we should finish top.
    We have signed more creative players but it's all about getting the blend right.

Let's get this right. There are some very poor teams in this league with very few resources. I can't think of a single player in our league who I'd rather have in our team that what we have already. With our squad we SHOULD be comfortably promoted this season.

However, there is a weak link. I hope Ardley proves me wrong this season but I have seen absolutely nothing to convince me that he is the man to take us forward.

I’ve put 5th-7th. Quite a few unknowns at this point. Unlike last season, I’ve never heard of any of the new players, so I have no idea how they’ll get on. We do have a strong squad for this level, so we definitely should be challenging. Can I see us going up automatically with Ardley in charge? No.

To me, Ardley seems to be a good manager. He had a decent record with Wimbledon, and he has definitely turned round the players’ attitudes, though it took him quite a few months and he was much helped when our two sane Danes took the club over.

Coming first or winning the playoffs can never be guaranteed, but we should have a good season. I remember in ‘72/‘73 when we were 17th in the Third Division and some fans had the knife out for Sirrel. We were promoted in 2nd place after the last game of the season. The next season I was hearing “you’re rubbish Notts” from the resident moaners at Meadow Lane. Nothing changes.

Bottom half with "pep" tippy tappy in charge

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Let's get this right. There are some very poor teams in this league with very few resources. I can't think of a single player in our league who I'd rather have in our team that what we have already. With our squad we SHOULD be comfortably promoted this season.

However, there is a weak link. I hope Ardley proves me wrong this season but I have seen absolutely nothing to convince me that he is the man to take us forward.
    Stockport, Hartlepool and Wrexham have recruited well during closed season boosting their squads with experienced league players. There will be a couple of surprise teams as well (Ie Barrow, Harrogate). Yes you could argue most of the teams in the league are nowhere near the level we expect Notts to be but even just 3 or 4 teams competing for those top spots will make life difficult for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Stockport, Hartlepool and Wrexham have recruited well during closed season boosting their squads with experienced league players. There will be a couple of surprise teams as well (Ie Barrow, Harrogate). Yes you could argue most of the teams in the league are nowhere near the level we expect Notts to be but even just 3 or 4 teams competing for those top spots will make life difficult for us.
    But how many of their recruits would you take in our team?

As we found out last season you only need one or two to be competing, to be better, to stop a club being promoted.

I am sure there were quite a few players in both the Barrow and Harrogate squads that only a handful of Notts fans knew about but we would have kindly taken. Harrogate had some impressive performers in that final thats for sure.

My knowledge of the other teams squads in this league is very poor , so can't judge who we would want but I'm sure there are plenty.

My overall view is still the same as all last season. If I were in charge of the club Ardley has to get us promotion in his second full season or should be relieved of his duties. We need to go for it this season as a club and we have a talented deep squad yet with some unknown elements that could go one of two ways. We should be up there challenging all season, won't be easy with only two sides going up, but he has no excuses this term IMO.

... Notts make a poor start. NCM doomsters demand sacking after 5 games; then continuously for the rest of the season. We finish 10th. Ardley remains as manager. Police called in as NCM doomsters make threats to Ardley family. Not-so-Elite arrested as chief amongst conspirators. Judge sentences him to watch F-word for life; no remission ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    Police called in as NCM doomsters make threats to Ardley family. Not-so-Elite arrested as chief amongst conspirators. Judge sentences him to watch F-word for life; no remission ...

That's cruel man and something I feel the ECJ would quickly overturn. Hang on.................

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast