+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another SPFL balls up

Another SPFL balls up

The bosses at the SPFL refused to allow St Mirren to cancel this afternoon’s home game against Hibs because their three goalkeepers were self isolating due to the COVID-19 virus. Amazingly these half wits at the SPFL told St Mirren that they would have to put an outfield player in goal if they could not sign another goalkeeper. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54131865
    The question is would the bosses at the SPFL insisted that if the same situation had arisen with Celtic or Rangers would they also have to put an outfield player in goal. Not a chance.
    However the SPFL have set a precedent which must now take place if the same situation happens again in the future.
    Yet again the bosses of the SPFL are just a joke and not fit for purpose. I fail to understand how Neil Doncaster is still the Chief Executive of the SPFL when it has been one disaster after another.

Correct Doncaster is a fu,cc’ing waste of time and has been for years

Don't think it is Doncasters fault. It's been a corrupt system for far longer than his tenure at spfl

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Don't think it is Doncasters fault. It's been a corrupt system for far longer than his tenure at spfl
    The different Covid-19 rules for Celtic and Aberdeen compared to St Mirren is new phenomenon which started in August 2020 with Neil Doncaster in charge.
    In my opinion the Captain goes down with his ship. Time for Doncaster to resign or be sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The different Covid-19 rules for Celtic and Aberdeen compared to St Mirren is new phenomenon which started in August 2020 with Neil Doncaster in charge.
    In my opinion the Captain goes down with his ship. Time for Doncaster to resign or be sacked.
    What different rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    What different rules?
    Aberdeen and Celtic were allowed to cancel their games when some of their outfield players had tested positive for COVID-19 or had to self isolate even though their players had not adhered to the laid rules.
    St Mirren on the other hand had adhered to the laid down rules and were still forced to play their home game against Hibs despite their three goalkeepers two of which had tested positive for Covid-19 and other other one had to self isolate.
    The excuse given for St Mirren having to play last Saturday with an outfield player in goal if need be is the lack of available dates to play this match during the season.
    Celtic and Aberdeen were playing in European competitions and they were permitted to cancel their games so why not St Mirren.
    Celtic have still not played their outstanding two games and they are still in the Europa League.

Aberdeen and Celtic were allowed to cancel their games when some of their outfield players had tested positive for COVID-19 or had to self isolate even though their players had not adhered to the laid rules.
    St Mirren on the other hand had adhered to the laid down rules and were still forced to play their home game against Hibs despite their three goalkeepers two of which had tested positive for Covid-19 and other other one had to self isolate.
    The excuse given for St Mirren having to play last Saturday with an outfield player in goal if need be is the lack of available dates to play this match during the season.
    Celtic and Aberdeen were playing in European competitions and they were permitted to cancel their games so why not St Mirren.
    Celtic have still not played their outstanding two games and they are still in the Europa League.
    Are you sure it wasn't the case that the entire Celtic and Aberdeen teams were told to isolate?

And wasn't it the case that as some of their players had deliberately flouted Covid rules the First Minister actually dictated that Aberdeen and Celtic 'could forget' playing their games? A kind of 'do what I tell you or I'll take away your toys'.

Are you sure it wasn't the case that the entire Celtic and Aberdeen teams were told to isolate?

And wasn't it the case that as some of their players had deliberately flouted Covid rules the First Minister actually dictated that Aberdeen and Celtic 'could forget' playing their games? A kind of 'do what I tell you or I'll take away your toys'.
    It was stated after the Aberdeen players had been out drinking in the centre of Aberdeen that they had broken the rules of their ‘bubble’
    On the Friday before Dundee players restarted full training for this season they had an induction day. To my knowledge this is the first time that this has ever happened and there were photographs on the Dundee forums showing players holding a document which no doubt contained details of the rules for them abiding in their ‘bubble’.
    I think that there were also on the club website.
    Aberdeen have already played one of their cancelled games against St Johnstone at McDiarmid Park.
    I would not be surprised to see Celtic use the excuse of waiting until the second half of the season so that their supporters can attend these games especially if one is at home.
    Nippy should not be dictating whether these Aberdeen and Celtic games should be played or not especially as the current rules for people meeting are confusing to say the least.

the current rules for people meeting are confusing to say the least.
    No they're not.

No they're not.
    Of course they are.
    According to Jason Leitch people can play 5 a five a side football match indoors in a hall but they cannot play a 5 a side football match outdoors because someone might be standing on the touch line not wearing a mask.
    That in my opinion is a crazy state of affairs but typical of the current Scottish Government who want to control everything.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)