+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp table

Neither can Frank, apparently.

No it wasnt, it was played. Now your going to say that you postponed it. Award it or im out.

I’m not awarding it Frank, for the following reasons.

If you go back to where you posted your predictions you’ll find, three posts up, my announcement that the game was off, postponed, with the reverse fixture having been brought forward. At that point around half of competitors had made their predictions based on the originally scheduled fixture, Altrincham v Sutton, played at Altrincham. This is a UK fixture, not an American one; we put the home team first here. Altrincham’s pitch was frozen and a pitch inspection deemed that the fixture should not be played. It was therefore postponed. However, with two fit sets of players, and with the pitch at Sutton playable, the Clubs agreed to move the Sutton v Altrincham match forward to last Saturday. It’’s that simple.

Each week I give you 12 games and in each one team gets home advantage yes, even in a pandemic. The away side has to travel and plays on a pitch that they’re not used to. These factors can affect the outcome. The game that those two sides played on Saturday wasn’t the one that I included in the competition. That game will be played on April 17th and I’ll award points then.

OK?
    Last edited by griff; 11-01-2021 at 09:21 AM.

I'm kinda with Frank on this one,if he predicted the correct outcome of the game for last weeks prediction comp regardless of which ground it was played then he should get the point,I fully acknowledge that Griff couldn't have forecasted that the tie would be reversed but the game was played and Frank got a point
    Last edited by cocopops61; 11-01-2021 at 11:23 AM.

That’s the thing though Chalky. The game is shown on the National League site as Sutton 2 Altrincham 2, not Altrincham 2 Sutton 2 (played at Sutton FC). Frank wants a point for the outcome of a different game in my mind.

However, I’m not always correct so what does everyone else think?

I should also point out that as I declared that the game had been postponed when 8 folk had already given their predictions, and all subsequent entrants expected it to be a postponed fixture, I would have to declare the fixture void. If I award Frank a point, anyone who didn’t choose a draw could cry foul because they weren’t forecasting the outcome of a game played at Sutton.

I've just been looking at the forecasts on the prediction comp thread and have just noticed your post stating that the fixture had been reversed and voided BEFORE the fixture was played,as I had failed to notice this before my reply up there ^^^^ I will concede that you are in fact right and the game should be cancelled

In fact I said it had been postponed. It’s now being played 17th April and I’ll award points then. Ta Chalky.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    That’s the thing though Chalky. The game is shown on the National League site as Sutton 2 Altrincham 2, not Altrincham 2 Sutton 2 (played at Sutton FC). Frank wants a point for the outcome of a different game in my mind.

However, I’m not always correct so what does everyone else think?
    The Altrincham v Sutton game was postponed and has not taken place.

You posted this on 8th January at 2.40 pm.

You said "The Altrincham v Sutton game will now be in April so the fixture in Group B will be regarded as having been postponed....give your prediction for the game at Altrincham and points will be awarded when it’s played".

Psaw submitted his entry on 8th January at 5.55 pm. Over 3 hours after your post.

Nothing to discuss. Move on.

Ta mate.

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)