+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp table

Shoo

OMG Piglet! The correct answer at last so that’s one bonus point. It took some time but you got there. One extra point and well earned.

Anyway, I finished top. Who was it said that nobody won that was leading at New Year? It was also a good chase for second, with Howoldboy ultimately taking it at the death by getting the week’s top score, a nice 9. We’ll done sir.

Lowest scorer was Frenchlion with a lonely 1. It also drops him two places to 16th. Going the other way was NZBlue, up three spots to 13th. That’s got to be mid-table respectability, surely?

Frank took the wooden spoon; I used it to clear my sewage pipes recently so it’s quite fitting really.

It’s been a pleasure lads, thanks for turning up in numbers every week and taxing my mental arithmetic. I’ll be in touch with those that pledged money (not you Chalky, I’ve already got it) by personal message so look in your inbox via those 9 squares above. I intend to treat Mrsgriff to a takeaway or summat for putting up with me while I’ve been doing this but the larger part of the money will go to a mental health charity because of the way things are at present. It’ll be Mind or similar unless someone can think of a worthy local recipient because I’d prefer that. Let me know if you think of one.

Keep well lads and I’ll do this again next season (unless there’s a volunteer……….??). Meanwhile, don’t be strangers!

1 Griff...............…..(6) 222
    2 Howoldboy…..…(9) 214
    3 Pete…............….(5) 210
    4 Nobby.........…....(4) 208
    5 Piglet.….......…...(4) 206
    6 Cayambe……….(5) 205
    7 Tricky……….…..(3) 199
    8 Claw.…...........…(4) 198
    9 Southblue….…...(3) 197
    10 Stephen...….....(6) 196
    11 Mullen……..…..(7) 189
    12 Crusha…………(5) 182
    13=Davee…….(dne1) 179
    13= NZBlue……….(5) 179
    15 Acido……..……(3) 178
    16 Frenchlion.….…(1) 177
    17 Chalky.....…..... (4) 169
    18 Alf.............….....(5) 168
    19 Altobelli……(dne1) 141
    20 Frank.....…..(dne1) 131

Hold on though, Piglet’s answer has gone to VAR. They’re looking at it again… and…. It’s been disallowed! Apparently, there’s a problem with the time difference and May 8th might not have been his birthday. Never mind, there’s always next season. Isn’t there?

Soooooo,the person that tots up the scores wins eh? 🤔

Only joking Griff, congratulations on your win and it's only fitting that it's you that gets the gold medal after all the effort that you've put into it over the season,I know that I've got no right to tell you what to do with the prize money but I want my contribution to be spent on the takeaway plus I will donate an extra tenner to buy a bottle of wine to go with it,it's the very least that you deserve

As I've mentioned before it's been a great turnout this season and it's fantastic that everybody played to the end and I hope that the England lads and Stephen return again 👏

Flipping heck,that week I missed cost me going above chalky. Bummer..Cheers Griff for all your hard work.

I’ll take 11th after an awful start.

Well done Griff and thanks

Well done Griff, and well done Howoldboy for creeping up on the inside there at the death

Yes I'll take twelfth - erm it would have been higher but because of the uncertainty of covid post Christmas well nobody has had it as bad as me, nowhere to sit quietly through the lockdown to muse over the fixtures because the kids kept fighting with each other through sheer boredom and quite often I had to go and split them up and was therefore rushed into making decisions with he scores that I wouldn't have made under different circumstances. And when I say kids fighting I don't mean I waltz in there like Godzilla and can part them with picking one of them up under one arm - no those days are gone and now I sigh as it is like being a bouncer on Botchergte trying to part two radgies falling out of Woodrow's going hammer and tongs at each other.

Cheers Griff it was a pleasure taking part.

Quote Originally Posted by crushalime View Post
    Well done Griff, and well done Howoldboy for creeping up on the inside there at the death

Yes I'll take twelfth - erm it would have been higher but because of the uncertainty of covid post Christmas well nobody has had it as bad as me, nowhere to sit quietly through the lockdown to muse over the fixtures because the kids kept fighting with each other through sheer boredom and quite often I had to go and split them up and was therefore rushed into making decisions with he scores that I wouldn't have made under different circumstances. And when I say kids fighting I don't mean I waltz in there like Godzilla and can part them with picking one of them up under one arm - no those days are gone and now I sigh as it is like being a bouncer on Botchergte trying to part two radgies falling out of Woodrow's going hammer and tongs at each other.
    I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Soooooo,the person that tots up the scores wins eh? 🤔

Only joking Griff, congratulations on your win and it's only fitting that it's you that gets the gold medal after all the effort that you've put into it over the season,I know that I've got no right to tell you what to do with the prize money but I want my contribution to be spent on the takeaway plus I will donate an extra tenner to buy a bottle of wine to go with it,it's the very least that you deserve

As I've mentioned before it's been a great turnout this season and it's fantastic that everybody played to the end and I hope that the England lads and Stephen return again 👏
    You’re a gent, Chalky, and I’ve woken this morning to find the tenner resting in my account. Thank you very very much.

Congratulations Griff!

I have done the final audit and unfortunately, despite my best endeavours, couldn't find enough miscalculations to be able to deduct 9 points from your score.

You deserve the virtual trophy after all your hard work this season and I hope the mystery contribution from Piglet Phoenix does nothing to detract from your joy.

My contribution to the prize fund should be in your account by now so get yourself another bottle of wine to go with the one paid for by Chalky.

Assuming you are up for running the competition again next season I can start dreaming of a double celebration at the end of next season - me finally winning Predictocomp and Carlisle United getting promoted.

Finally...thanks to everyone else who helped make this season's competition so interesting and enjoyable.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)