+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp table

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ohhh deary me Claw has had an absolute shocker this week hasn't he lol.
    Nowt personal though Claw kid, it's just business.
    Let me tell you Acido, it is not easy to score zero But I managed it!!!

No, no, no Piglet. The ones I was after were Major Keith Mallory and Sergeant Dusty Miller, two characters in ‘Force10 from Navarone’. You got completely the wrong George MacDonald Fraser screenplay, what were you thinking?

A good average score this week of 7.7 points with three contestants in double figures. Best of these was NZBlue who started the season late but managed a 12 this week, and was also the highest riser moving up 6 places to 7th. Nice one. Nobby only managed 3 - he’s now our new table-propper - and reigning champion Piglet also scored badly and drops 4 places to 7th.

Eight players got 8 points so there aren’t many other large changes in position. Chalky stumbled at the top but didn’t fall despite Frank’s creditable 11; his 6 keeps him top but with a reduced lead. Altobelli returned this week and got off the bottom, thanks to an 8 and Nobby’s poor showing.

Two observations - Accrington v Rochdale earned players 26 points, probably the most I’ve seen at 1.3 each. Swindon v Wimbledon on the other hand scored nothing at all, managing to fool all of us. Strange game, eh?

By the way, the postponed Walsall v Orient game is now on Tuesday, so I’ll work out the points and add them in shortly after.

1 Chalky....................(6) 42
    2 Frank....................(11) 38
    3 Griff.......................(9) 35
    4 Tricky.....................(8) 34
    5 Cayambe................(8) 33
    6 Pete.......................(9) 32
    7= Piglet...................(5) 31
    7= NZBlue...............(12) 31
    9= Davee..................(8) 29
    9= Stephen...............(8) 29
    11 Howoldboy............(8) 28
    12= Alf...................(10) 27
    12= Acido.................(7) 27
    12= Frenchlion..........(7) 27
    12= Southblue..........(8) 27
    16 Mullen.................(6) 25
    17= Claw..................(8) 21
    17= Crusha...............(4) 21
    19 Altobelli...............(8) 18
    20 Nobby..................(3) 17

EOB..........................(3) 9

Thanks Griff,I deliberately took my foot off of the pedal so keep the others interested

Look at nobby,he only got three points

@ Nobby

The postponed Walsall v Orient game was tonight - see the postponed gamed thread (yeah, really) for the result and points.

There’s are minor (up to2 places) positional changes and I won’t bore you with them, but suffice it to say that Chalky’s lead has been cut again and is now only 2 points.

Please check your own points and let me know if I’ve made any errors; despite my PR team’s claims I’m not perfect.

1 Chalky..................(1) 43
    2 Frank...................(3) 41
    3 Griff.....................(3) 38
    4 Cayambe..............(3) 36
    5 Tricky...................(1) 35
    6 Pete.....................(1) 33
    7= Piglet.................(1) 32
    7= NZBlue...............(1) 32
    9= Davee.................(1) 30
    9= Stephen..............(1) 30
    11= Acido................(1) 28
    11= Howoldboy.........(0) 28
    11= Southblue..........(1) 28
    14= Alf.....................(0) 27
    14= Frenchlion..........(0) 27
    16 Mullen..................(1) 26
    17 Claw.....................(1) 22
    18 Crusha..................(0) 21
    19 Nobby...................(3) 20
    20 Altobelli.................(0) 18

EOB............................(-) 9

Piglet. If the object of the exercise was to get me to say Hitler on here, you’ve succeeded. How many Austrian painters are there? No point.

A quieter week with an average score of 5.75 and no-one in double figures. Well done to Chalky and Howoldboy who managed 9s, and sock -pulling-up exercises for me and Crusha who scraped 3s. Chalky extends his lead at the top but has announced that he’s leaving the competition - maybe he’ll be back so I’ll leave him in the table and let nature take its course. Money received Chalky, ta mate.

Biggest moves up and down were only 2 places; four went up and three down so I won’t bother naming them - you know who you are. It’s getting tight in the middle with 12 players in the 30s. The bottom 3 need to keep in touch with the rest as it’s very difficult to close the gaps as they widen. Time to sharpen the pin.

As always, checks are appreciated.

1 Chalky..................(9) 52
    2 Frank...................(6) 47
    3 Cayambe..............(6) 42
    4= Griff...................(3) 41
    4= Pete...................(8) 41
    6 Tricky...................(4) 39
    7= Davee................(8) 38
    7= NZBlue...............(6) 38
    9= Howoldboy..........(9) 37
    9= Piglet.................(5) 37
    11 Stephen..............(5) 35
    12 Acido..................(6) 34
    13 Southblue...........(5) 33
    14= Alf....................(4) 31
    14= Frenchlion.........(4) 31
    14= Mullen..............(5) 31
    17 Claw...................(7) 29 (Corrected)
    18 Nobby.................(5) 25
    19= Altobelli............(6) 24
    19= Crusha..............(3) 24

EOB........................(3) 12
    Last edited by griff; 18-10-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Can you check Claw's score please Griff.

That’s why I like folk checking this stuff; quite correct, Claw got 7 not 8. A simple addition error so apologies. I’ll correct the table.

@ Griff and Crusha

“Bungo” Byng, Piglet?

No, Stephanie “Stiffy” Byng. Wodehouse is always worth referencing, so long as you’re happy to stick to fiction. Far more pleasant than First World War Etonians.

Firstly, the Oxford v Swindon game was postponed because of covids on the pitch or summat; points will be awarded when the game is played. I’m getting this up early because I’m travelling tomorrow and away for a week. I’ll get next week’s fixtures up as usual but the table might be a bit late next weekend.

Average score this week was only 4.6 but from 11 games. Well done Davee and Nobby who top-scored with 9s and Nobby is this week’s biggest riser, up 3 spots to 15th. Dunces in the corner were Alf and Claw who got only one each and Alf is down three places as a result. Chalky was absent, just as he said, and I’ll allow him to slip gently down the table as the weeks go on.

Form is now starting to show, on and off the pitch, though grounds without crowds seem to be removing a bit of home advantage. With pantomime season fast approaching, it’s also easier to hear shouts of “he’s behind you!” Frank seems destined to take over a table-topper next week but there’s a chasing pack hot on his heels. He can hear the shouts, but one slip and he’s toast. Time for us all to show what we’re made of.

1 Chalky............(dne1) 53
    2 Frank...................(5) 52
    3= Cayambe............(6) 48
    3= Griff...................(7) 48
    5 Davee..................(9) 47
    6 Pete.....................(3) 44
    7 Tricky...................(4) 43
    8 NZBlue.................(4) 42
    9= Howoldboy..........(4) 41
    9= Piglet.................(4) 41
    11 Stephen..............(5) 40
    12 Southblue...........(6) 39
    13= Acido................(2) 36
    13= Frenchlion.........(5) 36
    15= Mullen...............(3) 34
    15= Nobby...............(9) 34
    17= Alf....................(1) 32
    17= Altobelli.............(8) 32
    19 Claw...................(1) 30
    20 Crusha................(2) 26

EOB........................(1) 13

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)