+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bargain of the season already....?

Bargain of the season already....?

One game, one goal, one assist, and they picked him up for nowt, have Newcastle got the bargain of the season ? If only we could find players like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    One game, one goal, one assist, and they picked him up for nowt, have Newcastle got the bargain of the season ? If only we could find players like that.
    I watched the game just to see how Hendrick got on. I thought bloody hell, he's played one game, scored one goal, had one assist, blocked one on the line and we let him go for nowt. I can only assume Rigg is all geared up to find players exactly like that.

The answers yes Sinkov , he was a 7/10 every game he played for us , never a thrill maker granted but when you watch the Newcastle game you can understand why Dyche was annoyed.

He’s had one decent game against a team that were garbage. Stick me in a black and white shirt yesterday for 90 minutes and I could have done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    He’s had one decent game against a team that were garbage. Stick me in a black and white shirt yesterday for 90 minutes and I could have done the same.
    If you are that good, why are you not playing in The Championship at least?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    If you are that good, why are you not playing in The Championship at least?
    Probably because I have reached retirement age, that’s why ! I tell you something, I would have scored from exactly the same position for sure. If you couldn’t, from that distance, you shouldn’t be playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Probably because I have reached retirement age, that’s why ! I tell you something, I would have scored from exactly the same position for sure. If you couldn’t, from that distance, you shouldn’t be playing the game.
    Come on malwayne ---you said "...........Stick me in a black and white shirt yesterday for 90 minutes and I could have done the same."
    Nothing about retirement and if you think that every player should be able to score from where Hendrick scored ---I will put my hand up because you must have been a really class player. It was a great strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Come on malwayne ---you said "...........Stick me in a black and white shirt yesterday for 90 minutes and I could have done the same."
    Nothing about retirement and if you think that every player should be able to score from where Hendrick scored ---I will put my hand up because you must have been a really class player. It was a great strike.
    It was a great strike and deserved to be mentioned in the goal of the day ,in the summary. I hope he goes on to get a few more, but obviously not against us. Bruce has brought in one or two decent players which will go some way to appeasing their loyal fans , after the cock up with Joelinton.

....he's free from the rigid methods under S.D -and like any that move on and find some freedom - can be stimulated into rejuvenation - good luck to him, not sure exactly what it was with us - but he always "seemed" juddery or on edge - was slightly off time to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

....he's free from the rigid methods under S.D -and like any that move on and find some freedom - can be stimulated into rejuvenation - good luck to him, not sure exactly what it was with us - but he always "seemed" juddery or on edge - was slightly off time to me.

Our fans always seemed to moan at him a lot more vociferously when he cocked up, than they did with other players.

I was told it really got to him and he did not enjoy playing at Turf Moor. Shameful really.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)