+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle away Tue 15/09 Carabao Cup Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    And the prices paid for their "reserves"?
    Matt Richcie was a free.

I believe joelinton was around 40 million to Newcastle.
    That eclipses our total value by around double,and that's one player.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I believe joelinton was around 40 million to Newcastle.
    That eclipses our total value by around double,and that's one player.
    I get that, but lets be honest here. He is just a more expensive Brereton. Was it one goal he scored in the Prem? A complete flop.

I bet if Wycombe come to Ewood and lose they wont walk away saying we spent more on 2 players than they have spent in the past 50 years. They will just get on with it.
    Its the excuses that are really starting to get to me. Every week, a new one arrives.

This Newcastle side we lost to, was not a strong side. It contained mostly failures, bit part players and under 23's.
    Only 3 in the entire squad played in the Prem. 2 of those where on the subs bench all night. Its giving them an out and a reason to not improve.

Look we can see the writing on the wall against wycombe.
    It will be a draw or a loss,is that acceptable?no it really isn't but mentally it's the switching off against weaker teams that cost us last season and will probably do so this season.
    Tony mowbray needs to make sure they remain motivated for every game,not just when the bigger teams come to town but always.
    Some pretty awful results came last season at the hands of the promoted teams and until we right the wrongs of last season,we wont be looking anything like a top 6 team.

It will be a draw or a loss,is that acceptable?no it really isn't but mentally it's the switching off against weaker teams that cost us last season and will probably do so this season.
    Tony mowbray needs to make sure they remain motivated for every game,not just when the bigger teams come to town but always.
    Some pretty awful results came last season at the hands of the promoted teams and until we right the wrongs of last season,we wont be looking anything like a top 6 team.
    Wot he said

Hopefully you can understand why I am feeling so disillusioned mate. I hope they win, I want them to win, and if they do I will be happy. And will acknowledge that. I do not feel confident however. I don't anyone is tbh. And that must be a concern right?
    We should put sides like this to the sword.
    I fear lots of possession, nice football played in an area of the pitch that does not hurt them. A blunt attack, and a weak defence not covered by a poor midfield. Who will lack the skill to overcome a side who will come for a draw.
    Or hopefully, its the game that starts the season.
    A defeat and the good football etc etc will all go out of the window as pressure starts to mount. As that would mean 3 defeats in 3. Carrying on from last seasons pathetic form after lockdown. Which for me, was the final nail in the coffin.

As you said a win,with the nice football we have played recently and we can look towards the top half,defeat and it could be tricky to get them motivated.
    Wycombe should be a simple game but this draws so many comparisons to Luton at home last season.
    They came for a draw and left with a win.
    We huffed and puffed against 11 players defending and stifling attacks through blatant time wasting.
    Wycombe will come to us with the exact same tactics,we can either learn how to unlock teams like this or expect the exact same result.

I don't know why you two are so pessimistic!?
    We've just been unlucky in two narrow defeats to two prestigious Premier League teams.
    Everything in the garden is rosy and, anyway, just enjoy the football. We're nailed on to finish mid table.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    i don't know why you two are so pessimistic!?
    We've just been unlucky in two narrow defeats to two prestigious premier league teams.
    Everything in the garden is rosy and, anyway, just enjoy the football. We're nailed on to finish mid table.
    xd;d

Sorry Aucks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)