+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Luton Town Match Thread

Barnsley v Luton Town Match Thread

Well here we go again for another 9 months of the rollercoaster ride that is Barnsley Football Club .

Unfortunately under very sad circumstances and stadiums remaining empty , possibly for the whole season with the way things are currently going .

At least we have something to watch and talk about during this difficult time even if it's not the real thing and never will be .

Looks a tight game does this with very little between both squads who both ended last season on a high .

My heart went for a 2-1 win for us in the predictions league when my head should have gone for a 1-1 draw .

I'm expecting our team to be the one Struber went with last Saturday , whether Woodrow plays up top like he did in the second half I couldn't say .

We will see in due course .

Hoping for a win , fearing the season being closed down again by Covid ,

Wiv gone five games at ooam wiart conceding a goal so I fear wot's coming--an avalanche.

Interesting fact from Chronicle--we never came from behind to win a game all last season. Let's hope we dunt concede first.

1-3 defeat fo me. "My boys must be more clever against a big opponent who had good energy without the ball and showed a clinical finish in the offensive periods".-- They parked the bus and caught us on the counter.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 12-09-2020 at 08:17 AM.

Wondering if the Polish centre back is going to get a start from the off .

Seems to be a player who Struber knows very well so it kind of suggests he's come here to strengthen us rather than cover the existing position with Jordan Williams possibly making way .

The lads at the back did well when the season restarted but there was always a question mark regarding a lack of physicality .

Some big teams in this league and watching the Watford v Boro game last night really highlighted that for me .

Our present owners are certainly giving Struber more latitude in terms of bringing in his own men than they have done with previous coaches.

There could be heyf a team of Struber Old Boys out on the pitch at Grove Street this afternooin. Ludewig, Helik, Sollbauer, Ritzmaier and Frieser with the Austrian Schmidt also lurkin.

The present owners seem to be handing the responsibility for success or failure onto Struber.

Simoes in for Brown rest as expected - does that mean Woodrow further forward

Team

----------- Walton ------

Sollbauer --- Andersen ---- J Williams

Ludewig ---Mowatt ------ Ritzmaier

Simoes ----- Styles ---- Woodrow ---

--------------- Chaplin ---------

All the best to the lads today with a good performance and three points .

Surprised Odour not involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Simoes in for Brown rest as expected - does that mean Woodrow further forward
    Very hard to predict anything with Struber but I wouldn't be surprised to see Woodrow up top with Chaplin .

Not the best at the back aren't Luton and it would make sense to go with the two up top for this game .

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Surprised Odour not involved.
    Doesn’t want him injured before his big move to the Blunts!

Only 4 ex Reds starting for Luton with 4 ex Reds on the bench!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast