+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Prediction League table for 2020-2021 season

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Plus brin makes up his own rules so it's not a good idea to rock the boat millerstale. You could end up on the naughty step. ����������
    Cayton you little tinker stop stirring it up.

Millerstale makes the same point Leedsmiller did about it being a bit unbalanced to get so many points on a guess. It's like me outnapping Gwru on the Cheltenham festival by making a winning pick based on nice jockey colours.

Maybe too late to change but how about sharing 10pts between the goal winners?

1-10
    2=5
    3=3
    4=2
    5=2
    >5=1

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Millerstale makes the same point Leedsmiller did about it being a bit unbalanced to get so many points on a guess. It's like me outnapping Gwru on the Cheltenham festival by making a winning pick based on nice jockey colours.

Maybe too late to change but how about sharing 10pts between the goal winners?

1-10
    2=5
    3=3
    4=2
    5=2
    >5=1
    CAM, I’m not messing about with it now. The rules were there before the season started. Luck is luck. If folk feel hard done by then I suggest they guess the goal tally correct.

Sounds harsh but it’s there for everyone to guess, be it skill, but doubtful as no one knows how a game will end, knowledge, again doubtful, as no one knows what will happen in any game. Just pick a number and ‘hope’ for the best.

Can’t wait for the meltdown if someone gets 10 fixtures correct and the goal tally. They may get as many as 70 points! Season over for them 😁
    Last edited by Brin; 27-09-2020 at 11:08 PM.

In fairness we all had our chance to state what we preferred and we all knew the rules when we started. I hate to say this but (tongue in cheek) you’re starting to sound like that guy 100 miles down the A1. Rules set at start of season, so like it or lump it!

FAO - Millerstale and howdydoo.

Gentlemen, seeing how you joined the Prediction League after it started, you may not have seen the points scoring system we discussed and I put in to place before the season started. As you will see below, there are many ways to score high points if you predict correctly. Thanks for joining and I look forward to seeing your further predictions throughout the season. Cheers brin.

The New Prediction League 2020/2021 season - rules and regs.

Here are the basic rules and scoring methods if you wish to enter.
    The competition is open to anyone with a maximum of 30 participants permitted. It's free to enter once the fixtures have been posted so, why not have a go and pit your skill, judgement and luck to be crowned Champion Predictor.

Predictions

1. You will have to pick 10/10 and not 5 from 10 fixtures like last season. This will hopefully see a few break away leaders from the off.

2. You may choose up to a maximum of 5 games to be draws out of the 10 fixtures you have to place.

2. The fixtures will come from all four English divisions.

3. Midweek, FA Cup and EFL cup games may also form part of the fixtures.

4. The 'total goal tally' will remain but with a new added bonus.

The Scoring of Points:

1. Every fixture you get correct is 1 point, unless you choose a fixture to be a draw, then you will receive 3 points for that.

2. Get all 10/10 straight fixtures correct and you will gain a further 20 points = 30 points in total. If you have predicted any draws in your 10 fixtures, this may add up to, a further maximum 10 points to your score making it 40 points in total.
    Examples: 5 wins and 5 draws = 20 points + an extra 20 points = 40 points in total. 8 wins and 2 draws = 14 points + an extra 20 points = 34 points. This is a big bonus but is also very hard to predict so, I feel this bonus is warranted.

3. 'Total goal tally' - get the total number of goals scored correct, from all 10 fixtures, and you will receive 10 points.
    Considering I will be mixing the fixtures from all 4 divisions, it will make it extremely hard to get this correct on many occasions. It is harder to get 10/10 rather than just picking a random number for the total number of goals scored and getting it right but, I am trying to incentivise the bonuses from all angles, in order to split players scorings so we are not all clumped together. We will all have the chance to win these bonus points, so it's a fair playing field.

4. Get all 10/10 AND the total goals scored correct and you will win a whopping straight 50 points!
    This may increase up to 60 points if you have included any draws in your predictions. This I feel may never be achieved throughout the season hence the massive reward.
    Last edited by Brin; 28-09-2020 at 08:54 AM.

The rules are the reason I joined a week late

I know pip will hate me for this but didn't Rule 3 get contravened this week? Rule 2 only applies to 10/10 so shouldn't rule 3 only apply when all 10 games are played? (Just asking - don't shoot the messenger)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I know pip will hate me for this but didn't Rule 3 get contravened this week? Rule 2 only applies to 10/10 so shouldn't rule 3 only apply when all 10 games are played? (Just asking - don't shoot the messenger)
    CAM, is the old grey matter getting clouded? We've covered this before. I've said previously, can't find the post, where I said ALL 10 games must be played in order to get the really big bonus points.

Having 9,8, or even 7 games being played for whatever reason, would water down the competition so they wouldn't count.
    Can I politely ask we stop all this nit picking and just accept the rules laid out and fully explained before the season started.

I'm sure Darragh MacAnthony is trying to undermine everything

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM, is the old grey matter getting clouded? We've covered this before. I've said previously, can't find the post, where I said ALL 10 games must be played in order to get the really big bonus points.

Having 9,8, or even 7 games being played for whatever reason, would water down the competition so they wouldn't count.
    You did Brin, I was pointing to "3. 'Total goal tally' - get the total number of goals scored correct, from all 10 fixtures, and you will receive 10 points." but as you say nitpicking

It's about time that saying got dropped. Can someone please shoot the messenger ��

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast