+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who is championship standard

Who is championship standard

Out the team that played who do you think can make a living in the championship.

Viking in the games he played didn't look out of place at all and done dam good saves..would he be first choice for another championship team I doubt it at the moment... Can he do it season after season we're about to find out.

Osolondo I know my spelling is rubbish. Yes out of all the team he the one I think could play more regular in the championship.

Ben wiles. Could be a squad member in the championship has age on his side and has played games.. Would he get as much game time as he did with rotherham last season. I doubt it not at a established championship club.

Smith... Not your main man to score goals and as we know he misses some aswell.. Could be a sub/starter for a established side something different.

Barlasar ball spraying midfielder yes could sign for a championship club.

I think the rest are to old or wouldn't make it in a established side.

Ladepo got skill and talent but doesn't produce It enough misses to many easy chances.

So 5 maybe 6 could sign for another championship club in my opion.

That's why we went down

Would agree with that I’m struggling to think of anyone else possibly Ogbene if he can keep his fitness Lindsay when he was fit

Crooks

You could pose exactly the same question of Wycombe, Sheffield Wednesday and probably half a dozen of the other teams who were down there with us and find it hard to identify Championship 'standard' players. That's why the 3 teams who were relegated were relegated and why the others were nearly relegated.

Yes but it must be difficult to head a ball properly with two big ears and a long pink snout

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Yes but it must be difficult to head a ball properly with two big ears and a long pink snout
    I don’t know lineker didn’t do too bad…

It's got to be a collective effort with us. Consistently I'm struggling to see a championship player. But lower sides there season just gone won't be much different from us.

Several players showed flashes of being at this level, but collectively we weren't strong enough to support any individual to be consistently strong enough to convince that they belong there.

Of the players we have that I think could fit into a good championship team and hold their own I would probably just say Barlaser, Ogbene and Crooks although Smudger has made a good case for himself. Would need a manager that knows how to get the best from him.

Olasunde has the ability but not sure on his mentality. He seemed to crumble in key games, and become hesitent.

Several other players aren't far off, Lydsey, Wiles, Harding, Ike, Angus but not enough in terms of consistency at this level. The Viking looks promising.

You'll find out if any are championship standard if any offers come in for players.

I'd say Barlaser (disappointed me a little), Harding, Wiles will be, Smith, Crooks and Lindsay (at his best).

Crooks in patches. Olasunde looked class for a few games but couldn't maintain it.

Our new international, Charlie O’Bennie, he’s defo Championship class!