+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perspective (maybe)

Perspective (maybe)

4-0 defeat at Ibrox is never good but it's just coming up for a year since we lost by the same score line against a struggling Queen of the South.

So…

progress?

Progress for sure, we are playing at a higher level and have amassed a decent points total so far. Next few weeks will give us more information though.

Next few weeks will certainly tell us exactly how much influence MM has and how much ambition the club have for this season

Ive tried to stay out of this after the weekend as i think we got off lightly, especially after everything that has happened after Covid and Chuckie. Then you consider how many weeks there is to the end of the window and what our fixtures are in that time and i am still quite optimistic.

If we cant get a player or 3 in over the next 6 weeks and results go against us, then i might start to become a bit worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    If we cant get a player or 3 in over the next 6 weeks.
    The transfer window closes on October 5th.

St Mirren home followed by Hamilton away. We need to see a much improved performance from the players.

Anyone know if Powers substitution was due to injury or not?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    The transfer window closes on October 5th.
    My bad! Had it in ma head it was end of October!

Doesnt change anything, but maybe speed up my change of optimism to after this weekend.

I honestly thought when the court case was over there would be a glut of signings.I am sure every other poster on here was just as surprised as i was with our early season 7 points with a Championship side minus our best player.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I honestly thought when the court case was over there would be a glut of signings.I am sure every other poster on here was just as surprised as i was with our early season 7 points with a Championship side minus our best player.
    In terms of finance, I think Covid has hit the club harder than we know.

After backing the club with a record number of season tickets bought when (we can't even get into the games) I think we deserved to see the club invest in the squad for the premier league.

If the club is skint due to Covid, then the club could at least be honest with us rather than keep us living in hope with talk about 'irons in the fire' etc.

What was the point in spunking all that cash to get promoted to then try and survive in the premier with championship squad?

Come on Mark Ogren - get the cheque book out and back the manager. Talk is cheap. Gotta start walking the walk mate.

Imo, reality has finally hit home with the owners and there's an element of 'sh*t the beddery' at the financial state of Scottish football as a whole, not just our club. We've gone from bidding almost half a million on a championship player and promising the manager a transfer kitty to signing a young out of contract kid and a youth player on loan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)