+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New ground ..... how’s about Łu&@ off

A few weeks ago this Covenant thing abart areas of land in and around Oakwell being able to be only used for sporting/ recreational uses came up. I think it was Hodgey who worked in the Land Registry said it wo a five minute job forra legal clerk to find this Covenant so thad think the Consortium's legal people would ev picked this up before a multi million purchase. The Covenant is linked to the land, not to any person or group that established it, in other words if the originator died the Covenant carries on.

I remember at the time of purchase the Consortium saying they would take up their six month option to buy the Crynes 50% share of the Oakwell Stadium but this never happened for unexplained reasons. Two years later the Consortium are claiming there was a "third party" (could be Barnsley Council ?) who had first rights to buy the Cryne's 50% and they weren't told abart this at the time of purchase. If this was a legal right surely the Consortium's legal group would have unearthed this ? This is their justification for not paying the Crynes what they are owed for the 80% purchase of the club.

It's a mess with the Consortium now threatening to move elsewhere possibly in order to leave the Crynes and the Council with an asset (Oakwell) which would become on the way to being worthless with no club playing there. Radio Sheffield's Andy Giddings has said the reporter who broke the story abart moving is credible and the Chronicle's Doug O Kane has confirmed the Consortium have spoken to the EFL on at least two occasions abart moving. The EFL's permission is needed if there is an intention to move permanently outside the Borough following rules introduced following the MK Dons carry on. So there is obviously summat going on, Conway has previous for legal bluff and bluster (Sue the guys) or is it real intention ? Whatever's going on it dunt mek a good read.

The only conclusion there can be is that SUMMAT'S NOT REYT DARN THEEAR.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 15-09-2020 at 03:34 PM.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54162622

It’s on the main news now! I say let them take the team elsewhere and we can start a new club in the lower leagues playing at Oakwell with 12,000 fans watching them......it would be fun?

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54162622

It’s on the main news now! I say let them take the team elsewhere and we can start a new club in the lower leagues playing at Oakwell with 12,000 fans watching them......it would be fun?
    I would be back darn theear like a shot. Luvvit.

I thought the covenant was for where the stadium is, not sure it covers all the land surrounding

Me an all.....

The bit that makes me laugh SB is moving us to Lancashire! You can imagine the conversation between Chien and Conway?

Chien - So Paul they won’t sell us the ground what can we do to get them to change their minds?
    Conway - Well I’ve done a bit of digging and it says once there was a war of the roses, if we threaten to take the team to Lancashire that should do the trick?
    Chien - You know what Paul you are a genius!

Christ all they had to do was threaten to ground share with the Pigs and there would have been all out war!

Does anyone know how many disputes and or law suits our ownership are currently involved in?

Irrespective if this happens or not the ownership are dragging the club down to sewer level by even threatening to take the team away from Oakwell .

A proud club with a true history and heritage getting trashed in this manner is totally unacceptable .

The club's always had a good name within the game .

Extremely nasty bunch of people here now who only respect the dollar and absolutely nothing else and will tramp down anyone or thing to get their own way .

Things are going to get even nastier in my opinion down there once they realise there's nowt to be made here .

If crynes and council stand firm against these prats apparently they can move temporarily but it's against FA rules to move completely and it then goes to the EFL to either say aye or not
    Watch this space

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    If crynes and council stand firm against these prats apparently they can move temporarily but it's against FA rules to move completely and it then goes to the EFL to either say aye or not
    Watch this space
    but they can move to a stadium within the barnsley area ie build a new stadium.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast