+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still hope for fans' return in October...

Still hope for fans' return in October...

From the Post site tonight...

""However, subject to the successful staging of the pilot programme and the wider public health conditions, we hope to reopen elite sports fixtures including the National League for socially distanced spectators under covid-secure conditions from October 1." - Nigel Huddleston MP

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/notts-county-fans-could-set-4515747
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-09-2020 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    From the Post site tonight...

""However, subject to the successful staging of the pilot programme and the wider public health conditions, we hope to reopen elite sports fixtures including the National League for socially distanced spectators under covid-secure conditions from October 1." - Nigel Huddleston MP

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/notts-county-fans-could-set-4515747
    Can’t see it happening myself. All the scaremongering will put pay to that. In fact I will go as far as saying half of England will be in Some form of lock down by the 1st October, Nottingham included.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Can’t see it happening myself. All the scaremongering will put pay to that. In fact I will go as far as saying half of England will be in Some form of lock down by the 1st October, Nottingham included.
    The government has even passed legislation now, and the nhs as complete indemnity, apparently.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...ntents/enacted

A limit of 1000 fans in ML would be ridiculous.

It just won't happen. The second lockdown is imminent. Some things are even more important than football.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    A limit of 1000 fans in ML would be ridiculous.
    Totally agree, and how will the club choose who can attend. The only fair way would be a ballot of season ticket holders.

Also, would only allowing 1000 Notts fans to attend be financially viable for Notts?

There is also the question if those 1000 fans pay for a season ticket and we go into lockdown again after a handful of games being played having to reimburse them, because it is okay writing off 3 games left on a season ticket but when you have say 16+ games left people cannot just keep writing their hard earned money off.

So many unknowns and it must be an absolute nightmare for all the clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by ireallyhateforest View Post
    Totally agree, and how will the club choose who can attend. The only fair way would be a ballot of season ticket holders.

Also, would only allowing 1000 Notts fans to attend be financially viable for Notts?

There is also the question if those 1000 fans pay for a season ticket and we go into lockdown again after a handful of games being played having to reimburse them, because it is okay writing off 3 games left on a season ticket but when you have say 16+ games left people cannot just keep writing their hard earned money off.

So many unknowns and it must be an absolute nightmare for all the clubs.
    I have a couple of season tickets at Borussia Monchengladbach. This I how they are getting round the issues above. Not a perfect soution, but I'm not sure there is one.

The tickets have been sold at half price and are only valid for the second half of the season. This means the club has had an injection of cash up front. For the first half of the season they entitle the purchaser to buy tickets on a first-come, first-served basis until the limit is reached. For the Union Berlin game next Saturday 8500 fans are likely to let in (capacity is 54500). There are 30 000 season ticket holders at present. I won't be trying to buy tickets because of COVID 19 but this way I have an opportunity, but won't lose any money on my season ticket when I don't go. Perthaps Notts could use a similar system?

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    I have a couple of season tickets at Borussia Monchengladbach. This I how they are getting round the issues above. Not a perfect soution, but I'm not sure there is one.

The tickets have been sold at half price and are only valid for the second half of the season. This means the club has had an injection of cash up front. For the first half of the season they entitle the purchaser to buy tickets on a first-come, first-served basis until the limit is reached. For the Union Berlin game next Saturday 8500 fans are likely to let in (capacity is 54500). There are 30 000 season ticket holders at present. I won't be trying to buy tickets because of COVID 19 but this way I have an opportunity, but won't lose any money on my season ticket when I don't go. Perthaps Notts could use a similar system?
    That, or something similar sounds like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post

Not a bad idea, and I am sure all clubs are looking into how they can get some much needed revenue into the coffers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast