+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Ibe

Completely agree with Adi and GP (17 & 18 above) on this one. But he enjoyed doing the ‘bounce’ and folk fell for it.
    Spent the last twelve months recovering from the departure of the ‘Lampard trio’ and ‘JoinersGate’ imo.
    Not Cocu’s fault...having said that, all feels a bit anticlimactic after yesterday.

Maybe I’m not as knowledgeable as others, but I’d never heard of the likes of Stimac, Rasiak, Poom, Wanchope and Baiano before they arrived at Derby. They each made such a difference...how we could do with a couple of those unheard of classic signings now.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Anya went in June at the end of his 4 year contract. 27 appearances in 16/17. 11 in 17/18. Zero in 18/19 and in 19/20. 38 apps in 4 seasons and just 1 goal. No idea why he appeared to drop out of favour and he played some U23 games in the last 2 seasons so wasn't (always) injured.

What went wrong?
    What went wrong with Anya well with not having an agent he negotiated his own contract with SR . Which was made up of small basic wage with a massive appearance fee. Hence when somebody clever came in to be our CoE it was soon pointed out to MM hence I didn't play

Zoon has a year left on his contract if I remember correctly. Not been given a squad number. He did feature in pre season but appears to have been cast aside.

Has he been told he's free to find a new club?
    Hopefully, seems a waste.

Looks like there might be an announcement in the offing.....

Name:  Ibe.JPG
Views: 227
Size:  43.1 KB

Looks like there might be an announcement in the offing.....

Name:  Ibe.JPG
Views: 227
Size:  43.1 KB
    MA yes the announcement is that he hasn't had a medical . We can't sign him till somebody goes out . Not really news though is it .

The Torygraph says it's happening today..... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...nQBCCIRleGtJuw

I don't think we ever replaced him, Ince did well but had less overall impact, Lawrence is a different type of player. I also thought he was a hard worker in tracking back to defend (not at first, but after some Steve Mac coaching), and left us a more all round player than when he joined.

Hope he does sign and rediscovers his previous form.

If he does sign and it doesn't work out I foresee Cocu getting a lot of J ibes........

Contract? Length? Content?

He's had his demons with drink, failing to stop after an accident, mental health issues..... I'd hope he was on a low basic wage, bonus if on the bench, bonus if he gets subbed on, bonus if he starts plus win bonus, goal bonus, assist bonus if there is one...... incentivise him to do well.

If he does sign and it doesn't work out I foresee Cocu getting a lot of J ibes........

Contract? Length? Content?

He's had his demons with drink, failing to stop after an accident, mental health issues..... I'd hope he was on a low basic wage, bonus if on the bench, bonus if he gets subbed on, bonus if he starts plus win bonus, goal bonus, assist bonus if there is one...... incentivise him to do well.
    Also not played for over a year So that's another one not match fit till Xmas , along with Bielic Lawrence Waghorn Holmes possibly Marriott

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Also not played for over a year So that's another one not match fit till Xmas , along with Bielic Lawrence Waghorn Holmes possibly Marriott
    I would think that he will start as an impact sub and gradually build up match fitness and time on the pitch.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)