+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Anybody for ground sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    But you can't be banned! From any of the FootyMad sites. I don't know if you can ban someone on another site I haven't tried that yet but I'd imagine that it wouldn't be welcomed. Another thing that isn't realised, is that moderators can see what edits have been made and look at deleted posts.
    If there weren't opposition fans what's the point? Getting a different perspective on things opens the minds. Being able to abuse fans with more fingers than you is the best ..
    Hey up Frogger kid lol, Ive only just noticed your comments on here, and yes the thing about the fingers did make me giggle.
    As for that about banning sumbdy on aother board, err lets not get into that sticky subject eh mate lol.

And Brinny, I do agree that our original 'West stand' looks bad now. It really looks so out of place in the present day, so I wish there was a chance and some finances available for us to tear it down and update/improve it. Easier said than done though, eh ?.

FAO animallittle re Barnsley ground share

Animallittle I know you and one or two others post on here I’ve heard a rumour (and it may be a load of rubbish I don’t know)
    Apparently Barnsley have approached Rotherham about using the New York stadium next season can you explain your clubs ownership I was told that when the club was taken over the actual stadium is still owned by Cryne or is it the land? Why this is a problem now and only for next season I don’t know
    Allegedly Barnsley first approached Huddersfield and were turned down Barnsley have approached Tony Stewart on 2 separate occasions and been turned down again with TS digging his heels in for more money and rightly so from a Millers point of view
    As I said this may all be speculation and if I’ve got the ownership issue wrong apologies in advance any thoughts from you and your fellow Tykes or indeed replies from fellow Millers would be appreciated

Might just be a made up set of speculation.

However, when Barnsley were first acquired by the foreigners I wondered " why Barnsley?"
    My suggestion that it was a land grab and a way around the " money leaving China" rules on foreign investment but my idea was shot down, "impossible" said the tyke fans.

The ultimate aim being to sell Oakwell and build a pop up stadium in the Dearne Valley still looks like a viable plan.

Lodging at NYS until the stadium is built just as we did with the DVS

If it is true and Barnsley have asked bout ground sharing so long has the price is right I see no problem. We have in the past been in need of help from other clubs .if I’m correct doesn’t ts charge Rotherham around a million quid for the use of the stadium so a similar figure from Barnsley would come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Animallittle I know you and one or two others post on here I’ve heard a rumour (and it may be a load of rubbish I don’t know)
    Apparently Barnsley have approached Rotherham about using the New York stadium next season can you explain your clubs ownership I was told that when the club was taken over the actual stadium is still owned by Cryne or is it the land? Why this is a problem now and only for next season I don’t know
    Allegedly Barnsley first approached Huddersfield and were turned down Barnsley have approached Tony Stewart on 2 separate occasions and been turned down again with TS digging his heels in for more money and rightly so from a Millers point of view
    As I said this may all be speculation and if I’ve got the ownership issue wrong apologies in advance any thoughts from you and your fellow Tykes or indeed replies from fellow Millers would be appreciated
    Absolutely no idea uttis what's going off over this issue .

It's gone very quiet since the issue was first announced in the media .

I guess the lawyers are involved which would explain the wall of silence .

I wouldn't like to say how this will end to be honest .

I can't see too many coming over from this side of Wath to watch us play home games at the NYS on principle which lends the question given the rent ..... would it be financially viable ?

The owners are here to make profit on the club at some point and in my opinion they would devalue the club massively by leaving Oakwell and more than likely be relegated once again back to league one .

Fingers crossed the club look to have at least gained a foothold in the championship at long last .

It would be incredibly stupid to throw that away from this position if they ever want to see a return on what initial investment they did make when they bought the club three years ago .

I’m sure it’s was mentioned on here before but probably too far back to find now unless Cam comes up with his magic.

So is it still a rumour or is there any truth, I don’t want to see them suffer but I like my seat and not happy about someone else sitting there

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Absolutely no idea uttis what's going off over this issue .

It's gone very quiet since the issue was first announced in the media .

I guess the lawyers are involved which would explain the wall of silence .

I wouldn't like to say how this will end to be honest .

I can't see too many coming over from this side of Wath to watch us play home games at the NYS on principle which lends the question given the rent ..... would it be financially viable ?

The owners are here to make profit on the club at some point and in my opinion they would devalue the club massively by leaving Oakwell and more than likely be relegated once again back to league one .

Fingers crossed the club look to have at least gained a foothold in the championship at long last .

It would be incredibly stupid to throw that away from this position if they ever want to see a return on what initial investment they did make when they bought the club three years ago .
    animallittle3, what do you mean by, 'I can't see too many coming over from this side of Wath to watch us play home games at the NYS on principle'? What, because they wouldn't come to Rotherham to watch Barnsley?

I went to Sheffield for 4 seasons to watch my club where you needed binoculars to see the far end of the pitch. Didn't bother me as I was going to support my club. Look what we have now, we love our stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    animallittle3, what do you mean by, 'I can't see too many coming over from this side of Wath to watch us play home games at the NYS on principle'? What, because they wouldn't come to Rotherham to watch Barnsley?

I went to Sheffield for 4 seasons to watch my club where you needed binoculars to see the far end of the pitch. Didn't bother me as I was going to support my club. Look what we have now, we love our stadium.
    Brin, because they (he) calls it a toilet bowl of a stadium. Be ironic wouldnt it. Karma can be a strange mistress at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

No not at all Brin , it's not that , it would be more of a demonstration against what had occurred if it indeed does happen .

Let them play at NYS - YES

Charge them a big fee

Get payment in advance, in cash

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast