+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody for ground sharing?

great fire you have hit the nail on the head, the council and the Cryne family have woken up to the fact that thay are sat on a big piece of land that is worth far more for housing. Would you sell it to a Hong Kong based company whose intentions the fans doubt?wWould you trust said company not to sell for housing as soon as they had their hands on the land. This will run for a while as all jockey for position. The sensible outcome is a new community stadium on a brownfield site out near the M1 whilst the Cryne family and the council make their money. Will the Hong Kong based owners stand for that, I am sure all Millers fans will watch from afar with interest. There is only one winner the QC's and the lawyers

Huddersfield town ground looked a right mess after sharing with the Huddersfield rugby team, keep away from sharing, keep our playing surface in top shape

Quote Originally Posted by HensonsPRman View Post
    great fire you have hit the nail on the head, the council and the Cryne family have woken up to the fact that thay are sat on a big piece of land that is worth far more for housing. Would you sell it to a Hong Kong based company whose intentions the fans doubt?wWould you trust said company not to sell for housing as soon as they had their hands on the land. This will run for a while as all jockey for position. The sensible outcome is a new community stadium on a brownfield site out near the M1 whilst the Cryne family and the council make their money. Will the Hong Kong based owners stand for that, I am sure all Millers fans will watch from afar with interest. There is only one winner the QC's and the lawyers
    Be more suited to farming given all the natural fertilizer that goes on and around it every weekend.

I remember going to the abattoir next to Barnsley football ground in 1966 for Kilnhurst co-op butchers.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    That’s the spirit Acido 😂
    Do you think you’ll move from Oakwell?
    Tahh for a decent comment and question Millertop.

Will we stay or move away from 'our' Oakwell ground eh ?. Well, our intention of course is to stay, absolutely!.
    But the truth is these disgraceful owners are getting more impossible to predict now, so who knows what will happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Tahh for a decent comment and question Millertop.

Will we stay or move away from 'our' Oakwell ground eh ?. Well, our intention of course is to stay, absolutely!.
    But the truth is these disgraceful owners are getting more impossible to predict now, so who knows what will happen next.
    Acido, Nowt wrong with a new stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Acido, Nowt wrong with a new stadium
    Depends where it is though Brinny lad.
    I would still rather see us 'improve' Oakwell than move to a new stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Depends where it is though Brinny lad.
    I would still rather see us 'improve' Oakwell than move to a new stadium.
    That's gonna take some cash to do that fella, bit of a shed down the left hand side ain't it. IF an offer came up with a suggestion to move to a 21st century modern stadia built on brownfield land, would you accept that?

A shared football/ rugby stadium halfway down the M1 between Barnsley and Wakefield would make sense as Wakefield don't have a professional football team and Barnsley don't have a professional rugby league team.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    A shared football/ rugby stadium halfway down the M1 between Barnsley and Wakefield would make sense as Wakefield don't have a professional football team and Barnsley don't have a professional rugby league team.
    I like that logic and based upon it Sheffield Wednesday should do likewise with Catalan Dragons. I believe somewhere around Nantes is about half way between Sheffield and PerPIGnan where the Dragons are based

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast