+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Ageism and the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Only one way to find out! 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Mud Wrestling On Countdown anyone?
    Stop it. I've just had to take an extra heart tablet at the thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    You have to bare in mind that at my age, any woman under 60 and lighter than 16 stone looks like a 5ex Goddess.
    Sorry gumpy, I like most of your posts but 'baring' you in mind at your age is a step too far.

It's all down to personal taste and Rachel Riley is next level to me, but I would honestly find Susie Dent 100 times more attractive than Patel.

They should have sacked a QoS off years ago, the most boring load of old shyte on telly.

Matt Dawson ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Sorry gumpy, I like most of your posts but 'baring' you in mind at your age is a step too far.

It's all down to personal taste and Rachel Riley is next level to me, but I would honestly find Susie Dent 100 times more attractive than Patel.
    Careful there - you're showing a bit of class. And you're right, Gumpy shouldn't bare anything on these forums - look what happened when AH did it on Tw@tter.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Caster Semenya not busy at the min and could prob tick every box the Beeb has ever thought of and a few more?

Not a political thing or a Tory Party thing but Priti Patel is gorgeous, what the 4k is up with you people?

You have to bare in mind that at my age, any woman under 60 and lighter than 16 stone looks like a 5ex Goddess.
    'Bare' in mind? IS that you mentally undressing all females, Gumper?

Question of sport is dreadful, as has been said, its scripted and forced. The only cure is closing down the BBC. All 5 o clockish quizzes are awful, the producers can limit losses by cheating. The itv one with that talentless idiot is the worst, he goes on tour with his son and makes a programme out of it.

TV at its worst.

We seem to be talking about whether the programme is liked or not but the topic is about are the BBC practicing ageism especially regarding women?
    Moira Stewart the newsreader also accused them of it.
    Do men get a better deal regarding age than women?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was Alex Scott to either present or be a team captain.
    Totally agree.

Did Sue Barker think she was hosting the show for ever ?
    She has earned very good money for about 20 years for a weekly show. Ditto all the other team captains, all paid very well in their respective careers and again for appearing on that dull show.

A lot of people have retired at 64 so citing ageism doesn't work for me.

Don't get me started on the recently released BBC top earners - absolute disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Sue Barker who is 64 is accusing the BBC of ageism after being sacked from question of sport. Tuffers and Matt Dawson also going.
    With the beebs current agenda surely there must be jobs for the likes of Alex Scott, Dion Dublin, Micah Richards or Jermaine Jenas? They seem to be on every programme.
    Yes the BBC is ageist, ***ist and racist. It reflects the society it serves.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Good news for me whatever the reason, if they do AQOS with new presenters I might watch again. I couldn't stand Sue Barker or the contrived 'humour' of Dawson and Tufnell.
    Have to agree. Always thought it all seemed abit much and just not funny. Maybe like 61 says, different strokes for different folks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast