+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Ageism and the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Question of sport is dreadful.
    This^^^ I've not watched it since the days of Billy Beaumont & co and that's only because there was naff all else on.

Is Henry Cooper no longer a captain?
    I stopped watching when I didn’t even know the mystery personality when they revealed their faces.

Unfortunately for the wasps gathering round this particular jampot, QoS does well enough in the ratings to merit 30 + years worth of viewing. So many peeps on here seem to expect telly to serve up their own taste in programmes all the time and if it doesn't the entire edifice should be detonated.
    Recently on here 'The Repair Shop' was slagged off but this is a show that has a keen and enthusiastic following even if YOU think it stinks. My favourite programme these days is University Challenge but I don't doubt that Notts MAD fans would kick it into touch (or in the goolies).

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Totally agree.

Did Sue Barker think she was hosting the show for ever ?
    She has earned very good money for about 20 years for a weekly show. Ditto all the other team captains, all paid very well in their respective careers and again for appearing on that dull show.

A lot of people have retired at 64 so citing ageism doesn't work for me.

Don't get me started on the recently released BBC top earners - absolute disgrace.
    Well she isnt yet at retirement age so she may have a point.

No doubt she was well paid for doing her job which she obviously loves.

I expect Scott/Jenas to be given the job they are spoon feeding them little roles on The One Show gearing them up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Unfortunately for the wasps gathering round this particular jampot, QoS does well enough in the ratings to merit 30 + years worth of viewing. So many peeps on here seem to expect telly to serve up their own taste in programmes all the time and if it doesn't the entire edifice should be detonated.
    Recently on here 'The Repair Shop' was slagged off but this is a show that has a keen and enthusiastic following even if YOU think it stinks. My favourite programme these days is University Challenge but I don't doubt that Notts MAD fans would kick it into touch (or in the goolies).

Actually, your Squidness, I too thought 'Repair Shop' was absolutely excellent. The skill of those 'repairers' involved, fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Totally agree.

Did Sue Barker think she was hosting the show for ever ?
    She has earned very good money for about 20 years for a weekly show. Ditto all the other team captains, all paid very well in their respective careers and again for appearing on that dull show.

A lot of people have retired at 64 so citing ageism doesn't work for me.

Don't get me started on the recently released BBC top earners - absolute disgrace.
    How much were they paid?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    How much were they paid?
    Too much.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Actually, your Squidness, I too thought 'Repair Shop' was absolutely excellent. The skill of those 'repairers' involved, fantastic.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Wow probably for the first time I agree with Sid “The Repair Shop” is an excellent programme showing skills which have all but disappeared.

Shame about the pompous views concerning what other posters think but hey that’s Sid.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was Alex Scott to either present or be a team captain.
    Alex confirmed as presenter.

Team captains rumoured to be 2 from, Jermaine Jenas, Alex Tudor, Jason Robinson and Chris Hoy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast