+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/T Ageism and the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Wow probably for the first time I agree with Sid “The Repair Shop” is an excellent programme showing skills which have all but disappeared.

Shame about the pompous views concerning what other posters think but hey that’s Sid.
    Nowt wrong with a bit of pomp and circumstance, Forward. If the cap don't fit, don't wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Unfortunately for the wasps gathering round this particular jampot, QoS does well enough in the ratings to merit 30 + years worth of viewing. So many peeps on here seem to expect telly to serve up their own taste in programmes all the time and if it doesn't the entire edifice should be detonated.
    Recently on here 'The Repair Shop' was slagged off but this is a show that has a keen and enthusiastic following even if YOU think it stinks. My favourite programme these days is University Challenge but I don't doubt that Notts MAD fans would kick it into touch (or in the goolies).
    Sid, nobody is saying they want everything all their own way and scrap all the programmes they don't watch. This is a forum and folks are giving their opinions on what they personally like or don't like, in this instance it's Question of Sport and it's presenters. As you might expect, the topic will expand into personal taste of other presenters and programmes, some will agree and some won't.

Personally my flavour of the month is the original series of Star Trek, now repeated on the Horror Channel.

Everyone I know likes repair shop including myself. It's emotive, interesting and skillful.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Everyone I know likes repair shop including myself. It's emotive, interesting and skillful.
    Every weekday and twice on Wednesdays is a bit much though, milking it really. Plus isnt' it on one of those obscure channels - like where I watch repeats of that ewar woowar chap levelling the score.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Alex confirmed as presenter.

Team captains rumoured to be 2 from, Jermaine Jenas, Alex Tudor, Jason Robinson and Chris Hoy.
    What a surprise?

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Alex confirmed as presenter.
    Not according to the BBC:

Broadcaster Alex Scott has thanked fans for their "love and support" following online abuse after she was connected with A Question Of Sport. The TV pundit, former footballer and ex-Strictly star also played down suggestions she was lined up to replace Sue Barker on the BBC One show. Match Of The Day's Gary Lineker tweeted congratulations to Scott on the role on Thursday, but later deleted it. The BBC denied that any decision has been made over the new presenting team. The corporation said: "No conversations have been had about the future line-up."

It would be no surprise to see her take over, but it seems it hasn't happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not according to the BBC:

Broadcaster Alex Scott has thanked fans for their "love and support" following online abuse after she was connected with A Question Of Sport. The TV pundit, former footballer and ex-Strictly star also played down suggestions she was lined up to replace Sue Barker on the BBC One show. Match Of The Day's Gary Lineker tweeted congratulations to Scott on the role on Thursday, but later deleted it. The BBC denied that any decision has been made over the new presenting team. The corporation said: "No conversations have been had about the future line-up."

It would be no surprise to see her take over, but it seems it hasn't happened yet.
    If it meant she wasn't on Football Focus anymore I'd be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If it meant she wasn't on Football Focus anymore I'd be happy.
    You’ll be out of luck then filming will probably be in the week for QOS as Dawson and Tufnell still work on Rugby and Cricket for the BBC.

She has got the job as Lineker wouldn’t have tweeted it otherwise but with the abuse she is getting wonder if she might not take it now.

It is not her fault this has happened and it shows the bad side of social media as any old pleb can sign up and think it is “normal” to abuse people.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    You’ll be out of luck then filming will probably be in the week for QOS as Dawson and Tufnell still work on Rugby and Cricket for the BBC.

She has got the job as Lineker wouldn’t have tweeted it otherwise but with the abuse she is getting wonder if she might not take it now.

It is not her fault this has happened and it shows the bad side of social media as any old pleb can sign up and think it is “normal” to abuse people.
    Dead right ! Keep the plebs off Social Media, and leave it to their "betters" to abuse people instead .

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Dead right ! Keep the plebs off Social Media, and leave it to their "betters" to abuse people instead .
    Eh up Notsohumble ....... I love your avatar; it makes me chortle. As I'm about the same age as Dan and the pies obviously have kept him young, plus the fact I like pies, can you give me Aunt Aggie's address so I may order one please.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234