+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Ageism and the BBC

O/T Ageism and the BBC

Sue Barker who is 64 is accusing the BBC of ageism after being sacked from question of sport. Tuffers and Matt Dawson also going.
    With the beebs current agenda surely there must be jobs for the likes of Alex Scott, Dion Dublin, Micah Richards or Jermaine Jenas? They seem to be on every programme.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Sue Barker who is 64 is accusing the BBC of ageism after being sacked from question of sport. Tuffers and Matt Dawson also going.
    Good news for me whatever the reason, if they do AQOS with new presenters I might watch again. I couldn't stand Sue Barker or the contrived 'humour' of Dawson and Tufnell.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Good news for me whatever the reason, if they do AQOS with new presenters I might watch again. I couldn't stand Sue Barker or the contrived 'humour' of Dawson and Tufnell.
    I enjoyed the banter and the show, Tuffers was funny. All down to personal taste really.

Last time I watched QOS Emlyn Hughes and Bill Beaumont were the captains. Honestly didn't know it was still going, I thought that show with Nick Hancock, Lineker and Gower had replaced it.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    With the beebs current agenda surely there must be jobs for the likes of Alex Scott, Dion Dublin, Micah Richards or Jermaine Jenas? They seem to be on every programme.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was Alex Scott to either present or be a team captain.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Last time I watched QOS Emlyn Hughes and Bill Beaumont were the captains. Honestly didn't know it was still going, I thought that show with Nick Hancock, Lineker and Gower had replaced it.
    That was when I looked forward to watching it. Back then it was just a sports quiz show where sport questions were the mainstay and the humour was occasional and natural. Latterly it's gone down the route where any humour is forced, rehearsed and deliberate. Even worse is the awful 'Play to the whistle', which is a really bad comedy show pretending to be a sports quiz.

There are some comedy quiz shows that work like '8 out of 10 cats does Countdown', because it doesn't pretend to be anything other than an obviously contrived piss-take.

...There are some comedy quiz shows that work like '8 out of 10 cats does Countdown', because it doesn't pretend to be anything other than an obviously contrived piss-take.
    ...and it has Rachel Riley.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    ...and it has Rachel Riley.
    Rachel Riley or Priti Patel?

Hmmmm.

Rachel Riley or Priti Patel?

Hmmmm.
    Only one way to find out! 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Mud Wrestling On Countdown anyone?

Caster Semenya not busy at the min and could prob tick every box the Beeb has ever thought of and a few more?

Not a political thing or a Tory Party thing but Priti Patel is gorgeous, what the 4k is up with you people?

You have to bare in mind that at my age, any woman under 60 and lighter than 16 stone looks like a 5ex Goddess.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast