+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boro v Barnsley Match Thread

Sounded professional and comfortable did that, so well done to the lads. The reward if you can call it that is a visit to Chelski's U'23 team.
    So when we hammer them, who do we want in the next round lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Sounded professional and comfortable did that, so well done to the lads. The reward if you can call it that is a visit to Chelski's U'23 team.
    So when we hammer them, who do we want in the next round lol.
    Got to be Oldham at home......... we will both be at home then.......

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Got to be Oldham at home......... we will both be at home then.......
    Now come on Jules kid lol, we all know you want us to go away to Huddersfield, so we can all call at yours after the match for a bbq and a load of beers.

I do wish this had been a league game instead, and a welcome away win and 3 points. But did you all notice Luton won 0-1 away again tonight, at Reading. I hope we wont get the backlash from Reading when we visit them this Satdy.

I’ve filled in all four corners of the garden in readiness !

Played well last night overall, defended brilliantly as a team and both goals were really well worked! Boro allowed us to play football and we were by far the better team. The problems come when teams (like Luton) stop us from playing, and we have no plan-B. Desperately need a target man as an option up front as teams will know they can nullify us by stopping the football. Thought Helik played well, plenty of positives to take forward - just need 3 points on Saturday now!!

Hey Acido

Good result for you boys - hope it is a sign of how you will go for the rest of the season.

I've only just seen last nights highlights , from the bit i saw , i thought we looked decent throughout the Team , 2 really good finishes by Schmidt and Williams , just a question to all ? Have we played in all Yellow before ? Our Security Guard up in nutty Normy may know , I thought it looked a smart change from the normal dark strips over recent season's ,
    Schmidt would you play him on Saturday ? This lad could prove to be a Dark Horse , 10/15 goals a season player given time and opportunity to have a good run of games , I hope so , goals win games , and we certainly need goals , defence looks good , Helik impressive , i've only seen highlights though , anyone watch it on I folla , may paint a different picture ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I've only just seen last nights highlights , from the bit i saw , i thought we looked decent throughout the Team , 2 really good finishes by Schmidt and Williams , just a question to all ? Have we played in all Yellow before ? Our Security Guard up in nutty Normy may know , I thought it looked a smart change from the normal dark strips over recent season's ,
    Schmidt would you play him on Saturday ? This lad could prove to be a Dark Horse , 10/15 goals a season player given time and opportunity to have a good run of games , I hope so , goals win games , and we certainly need goals , defence looks good , Helik impressive , i've only seen highlights though , anyone watch it on I folla , may paint a different picture ,
    You're not far off right with that assessment to be honest Roma. First 15/20min we actually struggled to make anything stick in the final third and Schmidt couldn't hold ball. Goal came a little bit against the run of play, but after that we were by far the better team. Like I said in my previous post we need a plan-B. But defensively they looked really good and I don't think we'll be on the end of any hammerings this year (Chelsea aside maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Hey Acido
    Good result for you boys - hope it is a sign of how you will go for the rest of the season.
    Tahh Hopey kid lol.
    Good result for us indeed, but we need to do this in the league more often.

I dont know if we have done all yellow before Roma.
    We've done yellow n black and even mixed yellow n white (at Sunderland & Brentford for example).
    But i still wanted to see us in the white n black at Borough, the new '81 style white kit of course.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12