+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The things people do to make the world a better place.

To be quite honest I banned myself from facebook before it was fashionable. I've never had an account am I missing out on anything?

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    It's a solution.

Don't suggest it's my utopia.

It doesn't need to be forced. Just offer a cash incentive.

Earth's human population is increasing by 81m per year.
    It should be controlled if it's to happen! The gene pool needs sorting and by paying folk to get sterilised are you not encouraging the sensible ones to get rich thus denying a better future? The thick ones will need forcing!

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    You starting first Howdy? Ah, youveyou already had kids. Maybe start with your kids?
    Why start with my kids you worthless cvnt?

They were brought into this world because their parents knew they could look after them and give them a decent start in life? I hope you don’t have any.

Frog

Where there’s famine and in poor countries, something needs to happen. There’s nothing more precious than life but Billions are born into a life of misery.

In more affluent countries we’re not talking about making people rich here. Offer £10k a pop and you’d be amazed how many of our great citizens take it up.

I appreciate and sympathise with the outrage it would cause but I think it’s a tad better approach than to wait for doomsday.

Maybe if we stopped destroying the planet by overpopulation and restored some balance, things like fertility will increase.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Apparently so, and its abhorrent.

I used to be rather concerned about overpopulation, but I've seen lots of research that suggests the fertility rate round the world is falling and after 2064 the global population is expected to start coming down quite quickly (which is scaring some economists).
    John2 as ever economical with the truth. The "lots of research" linking falling population to declining fertility rates is a single study by researchers at the University of Washington. Current population is 7.8b. What John also doesn't say is that the researchers see an increase to 9.7b by 2064 and thereafter a fall off BUT by 2100 world population is still forecast to be higher than today at 8.1b. He also doesn't say that some of the world's poorest areas, eg sub-Saharan Africa will see massive increases over this time, this region I think from 1.3b to 3.3b.
    These lefty clowns are ruining the board. Roly couldn't see a problem with the woman I mentioned who had 10 kids, 9 in care and a team of social workers and advisers looking out for her - there were eight at the last meeting. Madness.

I might also mention the lady in our village who works full time as a teaching assistant at a school in a nearby town. For the last four years she has worked full time one-to-one with a boy with behavioural problems. Replicate these examples many times over and work out what the cost to the taxpayer is from these problem families!

https://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-m...3/assessment-1

Just as an illustration of John's selective dishonesty here is another study that suggests a rise in global population of between 11.2b and 19.3b by 2100. It all depends on fertility rates which can only be assumed. John, raging, roly et al have a "solution" to Europe's declining population and that is more mass immigration. The UK is projected to have Europe's largest population by 2050 fueled entirely by immigration to 76 million of which 13 million or 16.7% of the population will be Muslim. Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Apparently so, and its abhorrent.

I used to be rather concerned about overpopulation, but I've seen lots of research that suggests the fertility rate round the world is falling and after 2064 the global population is expected to start coming down quite quickly (which is scaring some economists).

Lots = single piece of research

This important research charts a future we need to be planning for urgently. It offers a vision for radical shifts in geopolitical power, challenges myths about immigration... The 21st century will see a revolution in the story of our human civilisation. Africa and the Arab World will shape our future, while Europe and Asia will recede in their influence....This will truly be a new world, one we should be preparing for today.

There we have it then,
    no need to worry, the solution is staring us in the face, more immigration required.

Thank you Bill and Linda, value for money indeed.

The study was in part funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. It was conducted by researchers at the University of Washington, Seattle, USA.

http://www.healthdata.org/news-relea...-shifts-global

Like the idea you should only bring kids into the world if you can afford to look after em and give em a decent start in life. Just one thing what if you can't afford to do that? Doesn't that mean only the wealthy can have children? Erm a bit discriminatory... wait on tho there is a solution....ensure that everyone has a decent standard of living then they can afford to have kids and give em a decent start...fairness makes the world a better place...

The thought of the world only being populated by the offspring of the wealthy doesn't particularly inspire me particularly if selfish greedy ways are passed on to them.

God forbid that we have countless Millions of Boris clones populating the planet. That would be one to report back to planet zog from a visiting alien. It would be like the smash advert!

Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 90
Size:  5.3 KB
    Last edited by rolymiller; 17-09-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Roly it does not mean only the wealthy should have children. But if you carnt afford children you shouldn't expect other people to pay for them. Me and my other half had two children one of each and we made sacrifices, we didn't piss our money up the wall or smoke 100 fags a week. We weren't wealthy by any means. We cut our clothe. I've worked in social housing for nearly 30 years and seen it over and over people knocking children out and expecting other people tax payers to pay for them.

Fair enough. Give em proper well paid jobs then then they won't need to. Its all part of making the world a better place.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast