+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Travis out for season

Travis out for season

he sustained a bad ACL injury last night, will now likely miss the season.
    Evans is injured, as is Johnson.

Alongside the 2 results, all positive stuff, everything is going as well as it could.
    No issues at all. play offs here we come

Not confirmed the extent of the injury to travis.
    Evans and johnson are knocks so will be back sooner rather than later.

You are right champs.. if we fail to get points on the board soon, then confidence could go and it could be a struggle. Let's hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    You are right champs.. if we fail to get points on the board soon, then confidence could go and it could be a struggle. Let's hope not.
    Only 2nd game of the season. And they are under pressure. I'm not sure they even start as favourites on Sat. Especially with the midfield they are now going to have to play. The strongest one isnt good enough.

Imagine facing wycombe at home and not be favourites.
    Takes me back to Luton town at home last season and we all know what happened then.

Let's be honest. We are weaker than where last season. There is promise, but I always feel that is dependant on confidence. If results continue to be poor, playing style etc all go out of the window alongside confidence. I have seen so many sides over the years who play good football in an area that doesnt affect the game hugely. ....lots of sideways and back passing.....who lack a cutting clinical edge up front, and a defence unable to keep clean sheets. I do think this squad of players are heading into that pattern. And the signs ...imo.....where there last season. We have signed a new keeper. Ayala may be ok, hopefully he is solid.
    While I still maintain the main issue lies in midfield, without Travis in it I feel it will struggle badly. They desperately need to get in a CM before anything else.

I see where your coming from Champs but a LB and goal scorer are my priorities.
    That said I'd now take the young MF from Manure.

A left back is our absolute priority at the moment.
    The goals will come trust me and I believe Davenport will make the step up in replacement of travis,like Armstrong stepped up in dacks absence.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    I see where your coming from Champs but a LB and goal scorer are my priorities.
    That said I'd now take the young MF from Manure.
    by all accounts, now theyn know how long Travis is out, and know they know Dack isn't returning anytime soon, they are now going to try and get this lad from Man Utd.
    We face stiff competion from Sheff Wed who are offering more than us. How and why Sheff Wed are allowed to spend all this money is beyond me.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)