+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What happens when Tony calls it a day?

What happens when Tony calls it a day?

How old is our Tony? Mid 70s??

I hope he is around for many years to come but what happens to the club and the ground if and when Tony calls it a day or can no longer physically continue

Do we have a business plan for the future of RUFC? Do we have investment lined up to enable us to continue the development of the club?

The journey under Tony Stewart has been a memorable one but I'd like to see it continue under the next owner.
    I'd hate to see us go back to the darker days of previous administrations

He's already said that his son will take over hasn't he?

That's ok then 👍

I dont know the exact finances of the club, but if a rich invester was looking to decrease their wealth then RUFC would be a good place to start as the initial outlay/debt would be less than many "big clubs " and if they got us into the promisedland large crowds are of less importance
    My prefered option would be to continue within the family if they have the interest in the club

Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    I dont know the exact finances of the club, but if a rich invester was looking to decrease their wealth then RUFC would be a good place to start as the initial outlay/debt would be less than many "big clubs " and if they got us into the promisedland large crowds are of less importance
    My prefered option would be to continue within the family if they have the interest in the club
    Some good points Slimchance but I think scalability is an issue and at the moment we are not in the top 30 clubs whose crowds could support the club at this and the next level without major investment

Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    My preferred option would be to continue within the family if they have the interest in the club
    Yes lets keep the club within the family. You only have to take a glance a few miles up the road to see what overseas investors can do.

Let’s hope Richard is big enough to stand up and take the abuse, he did shut his twitter account down ages after the abuse he got from some strange so called fans.

I did see him a couple of times in concourse of away games, always seemed happy enough to talk