+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ayala on a 3 year deal??

Ayala on a 3 year deal??

I would like to know which fkng idiot thought offering a 3 year deal to a 29 year old was a good idea?
    Charlie Mulgrew is killing this club. Which idiot offered him a 3 year extended deal??
    This is still a badly run club, no wonder we are the 3rd worst for debt.
    I feel this was a shocking decision, one that will cost them big time. Like Mulgrew.
    While the lad will be ok, nothing more nothing less, who dreams these ridiculous deals up? They are decimating the club from the inside.

Champs - can you tell me the numbers for this week's NZ lotto, please?
    You seem confident in your ability to read the future, so you can probably help me out.

I'd be very interested to know which players you think we SHOULD be signing - given our budget. And perhaps you could let Mowbray know as well, since he gets everything wrong, left to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs - can you tell me the numbers for this week's NZ lotto, please?
    You seem confident in your ability to read the future, so you can probably help me out.

I'd be very interested to know which players you think we SHOULD be signing - given our budget. And perhaps you could let Mowbray know as well, since he gets everything wrong, left to himself.
    Do you think Mulgrew is value for his wage?

Originally yes.
    Now no I do not,Ayala could prove to be a great signing for the 3 years or poor value.
    We just have to hope it's a good call.

Sorry I see that was aimed at aucks but that's my view,for what it's worth.

thats fine mate. All my point was, in Div1 I felt it was clear Mulgrew was turning into a spent force in defence. Despite the goals he gave us, he was always costing us at the other end. The signs where there. When we came back up, he was offered a 3 year deal. He was already old. And showing signs he was on the wain. His first season back in the Champ, he showed he was a spent force. Costing us in alot of the games. Despite his goals. I just quietion, why was he offered the 3 year deal, when we already knew from his performances he didn't deserve it.
    That money going out on a player who has not played in 2 years, is killing us as a club. And we can't shift him.

Ayala? I feel a one year deal or two at the most ....at 29 ....is acceptable. 3 seems crazy. Especially as we are having to spend alot of time now, trying to offload Mulgrew. Even if he left, we would still have to pay him 3/4 of his wage anyway, as Div 1 clubs can only pay £2,500 a week. Which is where he will end up. It was simply bad bad business. Mental. And now I can see us going down the same road again.

Offer a 3 year deal to young Dolan. That makes sense.
    A 3 year deal to a 29 year old. Not convinced. Even if he is ok, it still makes no real business sense.
    in one hand, I am told we are this little small club, who should be greatful we are this midtable club going nowhere. Then we do things like this? Same with Mulgrew, which is the reason why we are going nowhere.

I find it baffling.

Totally get where you are coming from and after being lumbered with a sulky mulgrew,I can see your fears.
    These days I stay halfway between despair and happiness,and with this particular deal I will be ok to see how it pans out.
    On paper it looks like another long contract to a player who is ok but until its proven like that,I will remain on the positive side of the deal.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)