+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Macclesfield Town FC wound up

Very sorry for the Macc supporters. Smashing little club which deserves better.

It's disgusting that clubs get taken over by owners happy to roll the dice in pursuit of a bonanza - if it works. When it doesn't they scurry away leaving the club in tatters. Because of such chancers other clubs feel obliged to follow suit to hope to compete - vicious circle.
    We all know it stinks and, despite the governing bodies statements of intentions to stamp it out, the lenient punishment handed out to clubs trying to bend the rules ensures that it's not likely to change.
    Chansiri's team of financial manipulators are no doubt working on this season's "loophole" as we write.

Quote Originally Posted by audimiller View Post
    £173,000 owed to an ex manager??? Campbell was only there a year wasn’t he??? That’s a decent weekly wage for league 2 strugglers if it’s him
    Says the ex managers name in the write up, John askey. His solicitors. Bet that useless get Campbell wasn't far behind trying to hover the crumbs up either.

I find it strange that there’s no statement from Macclesfield (unless I’m looking at wrong site) surely someone cares enough to let their fans know official

Think I’d be worried if Sol Campbell was coming to my club 😉

And to think that the EFL asked the FA last week for Fulham’s parachute payment of £34,000,000 to aid the lower league clubs.

This was refused by the FA stating it was no longer payable because Fulham had returned to the Prem. The money therefore was and is still there from the FA coffers should Fulham had gone down and claimed it.

Shame on the FA! Where do they think grassroots football talent sometimes initially comes from?

Really feel for the Macc supporters.

Ffs. Poor fans.

Really sad for a club to go under for this amount of debt considering how much money is in the game. More are going to follow unfortunately and much bigger clubs than Macc at that.

Need a massive club to go bust then things might just change.

Southend staring into the abyss too. We have an awful lot to be thankful for.

Macclesfield Town expelled from National League four days before start of season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54341314

So will we ever see them again?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12