+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Macclesfield Town FC wound up

Macclesfield Town FC wound up

What a sad, sad day. 😥

One of my all time favourite away trips, Macclesfield. And whilst few in number, let us never forget that to a fan of the silkmen their club is just as precious as our club is to us. Just as precious as Liverpool FC are to their supporters, etc, etc.

A club liquidated. A town and community loses its sporting focal point. All for debts which are less than what some footballers earn in a fortnight. Just let that fact sink in.

Professional football will one day eat itself. Like the giant greedy monster it has become. The only question is how many clubs will have fallen by the wayside when it finally does.

And so it begins. The first of many in the next 12 months unless football puts it shi tty house in order

A very sad day for football. Unfortunately it won't be the last over the coming months

Always had a soft spot for Macclesfield...real shame this but like some have already said, won't be the last one to go to the wall.

Excellent and heartfelt summary GKW. I fear the domino effect the longer Covid-19 goes on. Even TV coverage which is the paymaster to the big boys looks sterile without fans. really sorry for the Macclesfield fans. Small club yes, but life and soul to supporters.

Had to laugh when there were opinions that this covid-19 would change everything. Smaller wages and transfer fees. More even share of the tv money. Same old, same old.

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    Always had a soft spot for Macclesfield...real shame this but like some have already said, won't be the last one to go to the wall.
    So did I, enjoyed going to their ground and was hoping we might meet again (away) in a cup.

I’ve also a soft spot for Stanley, let’s hope I’m not a jinx

£173,000 owed to an ex manager??? Campbell was only there a year wasn’t he??? That’s a decent weekly wage for league 2 strugglers if it’s him

yes very sad
    I once took my cat to the Moss Rose and he watched the match sticking his head out from the top of my coat....until he fell to sleep

The ironic thing is that there is a huge amount of wealth around Macc and Cheshire so it's a shame someone couldn't have stepped in.
    That's perhaps where the Neville Bros and N Butt should have ploughed their money into instead of Salford

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast