+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FK Viking v The Mighty ABERDEEN

FK Viking v The Mighty ABERDEEN

Huge game tomorrow night, whats our chances?
    For me as long as the tombola is not used and we go with our strongest fit and available starting 11 then I think we can do this, would like to see us starting with the same starting 11 we had against Kilmarnock on Saturday.
    Going for 2-0 the dandies Considine and Wright.

COYR

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Huge game tomorrow night, whats our chances?
    For me as long as the tombola is not used and we go with our strongest fit and available starting 11 then I think we can do this, would like to see us starting with the same starting 11 we had against Kilmarnock on Saturday.
    Going for 2-0 the dandies Considine and Wright.

COYR
    Bookies have Viking Stavanger as favourites

I think this is likely a fixture that either team could win. We've played some a'rite attacking fitba lately
    Don't know too much about the opponents, but have seen other Norwegian teams fairly recently and they weren't mugs. Heid first please, although I'd be delighted with a cagey 1-0 win involving 60 mins of keek in the breeks DM "game management"(c)

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Bookies have Viking Stavanger as favourites
    bookies have been wrong before and most likely will be wrong again, I'm sticking by ma OP as long as the tombola is not used and DM sticks with his approach and outset for the last couple of games then I think we can win this 2-0
    If we do get through then it appears as if there is going to be about 7 or 8 first team regular Sporting players unavailable.

Just saying like

COYR

1-2 we will win. Nail biting stuff at times but a victory nonetheless....well that’s my prediction.

We've been playing decent football, look better defensively but I still think we need to be sharper if we are to be comfortable tonight. 0-1

Did not realize until now that its an artificial surface that Viking have, so I guess we will not be risking Tommie Hoban tonight, so from the starting 11 against Killie on Saturday replace Hoban with big Ash and we are good to go.

COYR
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 17-09-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Dear Derek,

Please keep the same formation, style and team which has been playing well and getting good results. If you do this we will most likely win. Please do not change the formation, change the style and change the team just because it's a European game. If you do this we will most likely lose.

It's pretty simple really. If Hoban isn't risked, I hope it's Taylor who fills in for him. The alternative is he'll drop McCrorie back into the back 3 and bring Ojo in, which I think would be a mistake. McCrorie and Ferguson need to continue developing their midfield partnership.

I'm guessing the Vikings are the equivalent of a Kilmarnock / St Johnstone level side - capable of beating us, but if we play to our capabilities we should be winning.

Just bought my PPV stream for this one. I'm unusually excited for the game, maybe it's because of what potentially lies in wait for us should we get through. And a win would mean we are in the bowl for tomorrow's play off round draw.

I really think we have to go on the front foot for this one as they seem to be suspect at the back but decent up front.

Reports say they are going to have to play their 3rd choice keeper who since 2015 has only started 7 games. 6 for Braintree in the National League and once for Preston.

Play like we have been the last couple of games and we should have enough to progress and face Covid Lisbon next week.

COYR!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Dear Derek,

Please keep the same formation, style and team which has been playing well and getting good results. If you do this we will most likely win. Please do not change the formation, change the style and change the team just because it's a European game. If you do this we will most likely lose.

It's pretty simple really. If Hoban isn't risked, I hope it's Taylor who fills in for him. The alternative is he'll drop McCrorie back into the back 3 and bring Ojo in, which I think would be a mistake. McCrorie and Ferguson need to continue developing their midfield partnership.

I'm guessing the Vikings are the equivalent of a Kilmarnock / St Johnstone level side - capable of beating us, but if we play to our capabilities we should be winning.
    Hmm, if Hoban is dropped, which would be understandable, I'd happy with dropping McCrorie into defence and bringing in McGeouch rather than Ojo. I get what you say about the McCrorie/Ferguson partnership, but on balance I'd be happier with that set up and having people on the pitch who can play the ball, rather than Taylor's errant distribution and occasional bomb-scare moments. That said, he heads the ball very well and if the Norwegians are big lads that might be useful.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast