+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ollie Watkins

Ollie Watkins

There you go Dowling.

Still........Xande Silva is much cheaper!

W a n k e r!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    There you go Dowling.

Still........Xande Silva is much cheaper!

W a n k e r!

He’s clearly out of his depth and with Jenkins gone will be a little puppet for that little yellow t wat in China! Where’s that Premier money gone?

I am still hopeful we will get more then Derby's total points bagged in a season.....

The time to get Watkins was when he left Exeter City which is what Brentford did. It would be nice if we could do something similar with players as opposed to paying over the odds as The Vile have done with Watkins and looks like we may be doing with Grant. Don't get me wrong I like the look of Grant, it's just a pity he chose Huddersfield and Prem' football over us when we tried to sign him when he was cheaper.

Not a lot of people remember that about him choosing prem over us before. That is why paying an extra £15m now is a no no for me.

Agree about the Watkins signing. They have done it for years since Benham or Benfield the gambler took over the bees and introduced moneyball there. Since then they have sold Tarwoski who is now valued at £50m by Burnley amongst others.

It sad when we haven't even managed to sign or produce a player that has gone for £15m let alone £28m rising to £33m.

If I had my way I would bring their backroom team and software lock, stock and barrel to our place.

I think Watkins is overrated and worth at maximum £15m in this inflated market. His former colleague maupay, is better imo and he scored about the same the season before last and he went for a reported £15m rising to £20m.

Who cares what they paid as long as he follows in the steps of their last record signing Darren Bent.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Not a lot of people remember that about him choosing prem over us before. That is why paying an extra £15m now is a no no for me.

Agree about the Watkins signing. They have done it for years since Benham or Benfield the gambler took over the bees and introduced moneyball there. Since then they have sold Tarwoski who is now valued at £50m by Burnley amongst others.

It sad when we haven't even managed to sign or produce a player that has gone for £15m let alone £28m rising to £33m.

If I had my way I would bring their backroom team and software lock, stock and barrel to our place.

I think Watkins is overrated and worth at maximum £15m in this inflated market. His former colleague maupay, is better imo and he scored about the same the season before last and he went for a reported £15m rising to £20m.

Who cares what they paid as long as he follows in the steps of their last record signing Darren Bent.
    'Whispering talents' Blood.........

https://talksport.com/football/fa-cu...ring%20talents'.

........ or we could just spunk b@ll@ck loads of cash down the drain, if we had enough cash of course .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    'Whispering talents' Blood.........

https://talksport.com/football/fa-cu...ring%20talents'.

........ or we could just spunk b@ll@ck loads of cash down the drain, if we had enough cash of course .
    That's why I said software mate.

It's absolutely amazing stuff they have got going there, and they are the ones finding the mulumbus' and Korens and sell unproven in the prem players for ridiculous fees.

Whereas we rely on journeyman dowling, Ian Pearce and Bilic's contacts who go when he gets the boot late October early Nov to be followed in by Hughton after far sham says no because we refuse to provide his son a brown envelope.

We aren't used to the continental way of recruitment, where we still give the manager the final say from a selection of potential signings. Whereas they are just recruited at Brentford who have got rid of their youth teams and lead the way as their owner is literally gambling on a new way of thinking in the uk.

It will be interesting to see how Toney does there for the £5m down payment they made for him.

No Ivanović, thought he might have got half a game

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)