+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Leeds United - v - Hull City ** Carabao Cup ***Matchday Thread***

Should say not rather than now.

just the slightest suggestion that you could be racist is enough to convict these days.

Sad but true - what happened to due process and rules. Sure some of the sports bodies get into trouble by straying into areas they should just leave to the courts and people better places to judge the issues.

if you are white and male, the authorities should start with the premise that you ARE racist until proved otherwise, this will save the courts time and money, obvious excemptions for the wokes, snowflakes and the LMBQTPQT crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    if you are white and male, the authorities should start with the premise that you ARE racist until proved otherwise, this will save the courts time and money, obvious excemptions for the wokes, snowflakes and the LMBQTPQT crowd.
    I think you make a reasonable point - it does all go too far generally. Clearly a few of us differ on this particular example and i'm quite happy to respect other people's interpretations of the evidence - mine remains that he was racist and hasn't apologised for it.

The process was the one in place for dealing with such incidents within the organisation that governs his trade - he could have appealed to a legal court or accused the accuser of defamation, and looked at clearing his name afterwards. He didn't do any of that.

As HO states, the outcome was on the balance of probability. That is the same process for every decision made by every court. In the end, we disagree on the outcome's judgement of probability.

He could even have come out and said something like 'i did not do this, but i regret if anything i did say was interpreted in the way it was' - and then made a statement against racism and use of words like that in particular. But he didn't do any of that either.

My stance on it has never changed.

If your a cnut your a cnut regardless of colour/gender but I can't be doing with this horrible spoilt snowflake generation we have these days.

Documents said he roomed on away games with Ghanaian Mubarak Wakaso when at Espanyol and they and families still friends today. Also decision was weighed against him for having too many character witnesses !!!!.. FA live in their own world and make it up as they go along

If the players decided to give him the armband, that says it all for me

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    I think you make a reasonable point - it does all go too far generally. Clearly a few of us differ on this particular example and i'm quite happy to respect other people's interpretations of the evidence - mine remains that he was racist and hasn't apologised for it.

The process was the one in place for dealing with such incidents within the organisation that governs his trade - he could have appealed to a legal court or accused the accuser of defamation, and looked at clearing his name afterwards. He didn't do any of that.

As HO states, the outcome was on the balance of probability. That is the same process for every decision made by every court. In the end, we disagree on the outcome's judgement of probability.

He could even have come out and said something like 'i did not do this, but i regret if anything i did say was interpreted in the way it was' - and then made a statement against racism and use of words like that in particular. But he didn't do any of that either.
    Almost but not quite - criminal courts are to a beyond reasonable doubt (which often is thought to be about 80% convinced but that itself is not the test).

Racist comments would usually be dealt with by criminal courts by way of prosecution.

The accounts of who said what were not really corroborated by any other player so it was one word against another and because of some of the other things Kiko and the Leeds employee said the tribunal found him less credible than Leko.

From what was available from the judgement it seems clear Lego thought he had been racially abused not least from how he reacted at the time and afterwards.

Herein lies the rub you can have people who are bigoted and racist who are careful with what they say but you can have people who abhor those things and who would be said to be decent who in the heat of the moment say something that they would never intend and never do again.

Our ‘civilised’ society seems very keen to condemn people very quickly which does not actually seem very civilised at all.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Documents said he roomed on away games with Ghanaian Mubarak Wakaso when at Espanyol and they and families still friends today. Also decision was weighed against him for having too many character witnesses !!!!.. FA live in their own world and make it up as they go along

If the players decided to give him the armband, that says it all for me
    Some of his defence around the actual word used was crazy though WS - he claimed to never ever have heard the word before and then the timing of events afterwards from both Kiko and the Leeds employee was from memory very strange. It was so unbelievable that it made the credibility of everything else he said less favourable than Leko’s account according to the tribunal.

I do agree that people’s ability to take offence and complain or justify belief that said person uttering said words is the vilest person ever to have lived seems to be somewhat greater than it ever used to be.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)