+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: More outgoings?

More outgoings?

I know all the talk is who we will sign but looking at squad I’m still hoping for more out the door....

Roos - Really must be thinking his time at Derby now is not going to be the place for him! Had his chance last season and didn’t grasp it and now we have Marshall as No1 I hope we can cash in a little and get a fee for him!

Jozefzoon - No squad number and not even close to the first 16...... any way to give him a chance elsewhere must surely be on the cards!

Any of the U23’s - Those that are close to the first team or have played a few must surely benefit from a loan to get more experience.... thoughts?

There are those saying that we need to shift more out before any more can come in and that is the reason Ibe hasn't been announced as a signing.

If true we are in the brown and sticky financially.

Who'd pay money for our dross?
    Clubs will know we're in the doo-doo and only offer peanuts. Let's face it if a players not good enough for us he ain't worth owt whilst the only ones that are we don't want to lose so it's catch 22!

Tbf, mac...Sheffield Utd have just paid us quite a lot for one squad player and another who took a lot of stick last year.
    By those, admittedly surprising, standards I’d say Lawrence and Marriott would each be worth £5m and even FloJo might fetch £1-2m although I’d let him go for free just to get him off the wage bill.

still no accounts, so even if other clubs dont know the extent of the mess, they will just assume it

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Tbf, mac...Sheffield Utd have just paid us quite a lot for one squad player and another who took a lot of stick last year.
    By those, admittedly surprising, standards I’d say Lawrence and Marriott would each be worth £5m and even FloJo might fetch £1-2m although I’d let him go for free just to get him off the wage bill.
    L and M might be worth 5m to us but would we get that for them. What a club values a player at and what you get offered these days, certainly at this level, is another story! Whilst both come with some baggage I'd prefer to keep them and not include them in my 'on yet bike' list! One offers something different and the other could still turn his rams career around.
    As for Flopjo, your free suggestion is our best option. So no incoming there then.
    Nope, not much incoming spondoolies imo!

If it wasn't for those annoying rules about third party ownership of footballer's economic rights etc, surely Mel could buy 'zoon off us for £ 20 million and solve all the problems at a stroke. I seem to remember him doing something like that before, cant quite remember what it was............

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    L and M might be worth 5m to us but would we get that for them. What a club values a player at and what you get offered these days, certainly at this level, is another story! Whilst both come with some baggage I'd prefer to keep them and not include them in my 'on yet bike' list! One offers something different and the other could still turn his rams career around.
    As for Flopjo, your free suggestion is our best option. So no incoming there then.
    Nope, not much incoming spondoolies imo!
    Max I agree with you we wouldn't even get £5million for the pair and throw in Zoon as well .Yes Sheff U paid silly money for Bogle and Lowe but Wilder wants them for the future and it's peanuts for Prem team . But Lawrence and Marriott are no interest to any Prem team and most Championship and League 1teams just don't have the money. We don't have any gems to sell well not to the Prem anyway . Long hard season ahead in afraid

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)