+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf u s open

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I don't want Reed to win , he looks like conman Conway , i haven't had a bet on this tournament , but picked 6 I thought had a chance , Rose , Cabbrero Bello, Westwood , Woods , Rahm , and Mickelson , a few left , it's good to watch Top players struggling a bit ! This isn't the designer course many are used to , it's a proper Test of Golf , and intriguing to watch
    Agree with that Roma. It's certainly good for the purists. The skill and ability on show isn't based on how many birdies a player can make. There's been some real testing circumstances and much to be admired. Level par could be the winning score.

One thing I dislike about the American majors is the amount of Americans involved. It's like it's tailored for a home grown player to be champion, not enough foreigners allowed in the tournament from the start imo.

Golf Lives Matter!

Quite a few years ago we had a Golf Society at work and every month we played at a decent course in a stableford format .

One month we played at this particular course which I can't remember for the life in me other than it was difficult .

I've niver seen as many bunkers on a golf course , ivery feckin green had five around it and that's not to mention it was covered in fairway bunkers n all .

I must have bunkered every hole bar a couple all afternoon .

So in the clubhouse afterwards I'm having a reight moan , hit the ball well all day but made no points to call owt because of said bunkers .

One of the members was listening in to my moaning and he sez

If tha wants a good score pal hit the bloody ball on the green , tha can't have hit it that well because none of them bunkers are in the middle of the green tha nuz .

Twas a fair point .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Quite a few years ago we had a Golf Society at work and every month we played at a decent course in a stableford format .

One month we played at this particular course which I can't remember for the life in me other than it was difficult .

I've niver seen as many bunkers on a golf course , ivery feckin green had five around it and that's not to mention it was covered in fairway bunkers n all .

So in the clubhouse afterwards I'm having a reight moan , hit the ball well all day but made no points to call owt because of said bunkers .

If tha wants a good score pal hit the bloody ball on the green , tha can't have hit it that well because none of them bunkers are in the middle of the green tha nuz .

Twas a fair point .
    like.

These pros' mek bunker play look easy. The purpose of bunkers was to penalize a player but tha seldom sees a dropped shot or double bogey when professionals are at it.

The trees and rough are summat else on this course not to mention the greens and pin positions. Ad be delighted to get rarnd that cooarse in 120 strokes!

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Agree with that Roma. It's certainly good for the purists. The skill and ability on show isn't based on how many birdies a player can make. There's been some real testing circumstances and much to be admired. Level par could be the winning score.

One thing I dislike about the American majors is the amount of Americans involved. It's like it's tailored for a home grown player to be champion, not enough foreigners allowed in the tournament from the start imo.
    I agree theer Pass , wiv nar got to stage weer thus moor Japanese or other Asian players than European , mind thi credit to em , thu not bad laikers , that's Yanks fothi tho , freetund !!

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    like.

These pros' mek bunker play look easy. The purpose of bunkers was to penalize a player but tha seldom sees a dropped shot or double bogey when professionals are at it.

The trees and rough are summat else on this course not to mention the greens and pin positions. Ad be delighted to get rarnd that cooarse in 120 strokes!
    It's the same principle for these lads playing in the US Open , if tha hits the fairway off the tee tha'll mek a decent score , if tha dunt then its difficult .

That's how it should be .

Bryson just havin a reight moan as I type this , missed the green coming out of the fairway cabbage .

Put it on the fairway then ya numpty , its not rocket science .

Early 90's Faldo would have walked this event this week .

Patient , course management , mentally strong and he hit fairways for fun .

Not many golfers like him today , technology and strength gained in the gym has created a different game .

Nice to see one or two cut darn to size this week .

Twas a fair point .
    wa tha laikin wia stick ov Rhubarb !! Can you remember par 5 15th at Staincross ? Massive green with loads of undulations , in hot weather it wa like putting on marble , i got the hang of it eventually , but the 16th I always thought that was more of a par 5 thanna 4 , particularly if wind wa blowing straight from West , only hole on that course I never birdied , scraped a few Pars at Best , it wants digging up !!!

Early 90's Faldo would have walked this event this week .

Patient , course management , mentally strong and he hit fairways for fun .

Not many golfers like him today , technology and strength gained in the gym has created a different game .

Nice to see one or two cut darn to size this week .
    Absolutely. Reminds thi that they're still human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    wa tha laikin wia stick ov Rhubarb !! Can you remember par 5 15th at Staincross ? Massive green with loads of undulations , in hot weather it wa like putting on marble , i got the hang of it eventually , but the 16th I always thought that was more of a par 5 thanna 4 , particularly if wind wa blowing straight from West , only hole on that course I never birdied , scraped a few Pars at Best , it wants digging up !!!
    Aye , tha knocked a good drive darn hill and thi eyes lit up for thi second .

Tek tha bugga on at thi peril wi that grass banked hill and did for me more times than it should have done .

Brain dead golf as a younger man , once I realised what I could do and what I couldn't I never shot 3 figures ageen .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast