+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Golf u s open

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    wa tha laikin wia stick ov Rhubarb !! Can you remember par 5 15th at Staincross ? Massive green with loads of undulations , in hot weather it wa like putting on marble , i got the hang of it eventually , but the 16th I always thought that was more of a par 5 thanna 4 , particularly if wind wa blowing straight from West , only hole on that course I never birdied , scraped a few Pars at Best , it wants digging up !!!
    16th at Staincross is the hardest hole on the course imo. Like tha sez, wind allus seemed to be blowing into thi. A did birdie it though missen, chipped in from edge of green on a calm sunny day! However, a can't say av birdied ivry oil on Stainy though but tha reight, when winds into thi on that 16th tha can easy add 100 yard on that oil. Dunt know if its SI 1 cos I ent laiked it in over a decade.

A thowt 8th oil wo tough n all. Ad walk off that gladly wi a smile on mi kite happy wi a bogey 5

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    16th at Staincross is the hardest hole on the course imo. Like tha sez, wind allus seemed to be blowing into thi. A did birdie it though missen, chipped in from edge of green on a calm sunny day! However, a can't say av birdied ivry oil on Stainy though but tha reight, when winds into thi on that 16th tha can easy add 100 yard on that oil. Dunt know if its SI 1 cos I ent laiked it in over a decade.

A thowt 8th oil wo tough n all. Ad walk off that gladly wi a smile on mi kite happy wi a bogey 5
    The last four at Limes are tough holes , as tha sez up hill at 16 is a long way and 18 is no push over either .

I was never naturally good at golf by any means and I had to think my way around playing with what I had .

Once I binned my driver and 3 wood and replaced em wi three rescue clubs , 18 , 21 and 24 degrees I was a good 90's man .

One of the 90% that niver break 90 , happy enough to be honest because it was the best I could be without any real talent for it .

Not sure what par it is nar at Limes , not played it forra long time , ad erd it's got more mature with Trees and alterations thuv done ovva last 10/15 years , one thing I allus admired abart theer wa Greens , allus well looked after and fairly true ,

Matty Wolfe leading just nar , ez Struber got rid on him , Bryson ez gone into meltdarn , owt can happen , and am sure it will , a couldn't possibly pick a winner just nar , Maybe a 4 ball play off , all on level par !

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post

avoiding golf ball thieves int Woods on that oyl wa an achievement bsturds

avoiding golf ball thieves int Woods on that oyl wa an achievement bsturds
    Best shot of my life at the second hoyle at limes Roma .

Iffy drive , not middled but straight but a long way from the green .

Pulled out mi rescue 18 degrees , creamed it , straight off the middle of the bat .

It lands on the green , it's only till I get nearer I realise its two foot from the cup .

Feckin hell !!!!

If Carlsberg did golf shots .

Never repeated and never will be and yes I sank the putt for a birdie .

For five minutes in my life I'm at the same level of any of the greats who've played this game past or present .

Great game , frustrating game , awful game and sometimes we are all equal at any given moment .

Good stuff .

Not sure what par it is nar at Limes , not played it forra long time , ad erd it's got more mature with Trees and alterations thuv done ovva last 10/15 years , one thing I allus admired abart theer wa Greens , allus well looked after and fairly true ,

Matty Wolfe leading just nar , ez Struber got rid on him , Bryson ez gone into meltdarn , owt can happen , and am sure it will , a couldn't possibly pick a winner just nar , Maybe a 4 ball play off , all on level par !
    Playing a high risk strategy is Bryson , it may well come off for him but he's riding his luck I have to say .

This quality of golf course tends not to lend itself to the game Bryson has and in my years watching this game the luck tends to run out on Sunday afternoon .

I can't pick a winner right now but I still maintain its steady Eddie week for me .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The last four at Limes are tough holes , as tha sez up hill at 16 is a long way and 18 is no push over either .

I was never naturally good at golf by any means and I had to think my way around playing with what I had .

Once I binned my driver and 3 wood and replaced em wi three rescue clubs , 18 , 21 and 24 degrees I was a good 90's man .

One of the 90% that niver break 90 , happy enough to be honest because it was the best I could be without any real talent for it .

A dunt laik these days and I should, good exercise and half a day away from it all. If I were to go I'd probably be happy to break 100 as I'm well rusty. When I was in my ****s I got aif decent, just needed a few pointers from a pro and I'd have been breaking 80. However, Professional lessons were well above my budget unfortunately. Tips from golf magazines were about the best I could do. Could a done wi a matching set o decent clubs too instead of the odds and sodds I bargained for at the second hand market. Those were the times though.

There was only so far I could go hitting balls on the school field and the odd venture to Hillies of Stainy. Best practice tha can have is on the course. I could strike 49/50 7 irons sweet as you like on the school fields, drive the ball straight and feel great. Get to the course and I was a different player scuffing my 7 irons and slicing my drives. Short game was poor too cos tha can't practice putting or chipping on a school field amidst the long grass, broken glass and dogsh1t

Bet thad sum Pinseeker club's anna loorda Penfold Commands summa them balls wa like bollys to hit , can tha rememba Dunlop 65i ball ? Made em in all colors , they wa shyte anorl , a bort 6 orange wuns at Don Valley spooarts up New St , fust rarnd a lost 2 onnum , so kept em in mi bag to use in Melling ball troff artside his shop , awa set artside Clubhouse waiting ar turn to tee off , Melling came arta shop an sharted wat the bloody hells this , he then threwitt orr mower sheds inta farmers field , he warra nasty 2hat at times , burra good Golfer

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Best shot of my life at the second hoyle at limes Roma .

Iffy drive , not middled but straight but a long way from the green .

Pulled out mi rescue 18 degrees , creamed it , straight off the middle of the bat .

It lands on the green , it's only till I get nearer I realise its two foot from the cup .

Feckin hell !!!!

If Carlsberg did golf shots .

Never repeated and never will be and yes I sank the putt for a birdie .

For five minutes in my life I'm at the same level of any of the greats who've played this game past or present .

Great game , frustrating game , awful game and sometimes we are all equal at any given moment .

Good stuff .
    hard oyl that Animal , if that went thru green tha wa int babba , medal tee fo 3rd wa just below that , totally diffrunt laikin 3rd frum darn theer , a nivva liked 11th , allus wary on traffic goowin past and sum clarns hanging arta cars sharting FORE , i hit mi longest drive Iivva on that oyl, tee shot went inta back ov an A 1 lorry wi doors oppun , they wa based in Ponte

hard oyl that Animal , if that went thru green tha wa int babba , medal tee fo 3rd wa just below that , totally diffrunt laikin 3rd frum darn theer , a nivva liked 11th , allus wary on traffic goowin past and sum clarns hanging arta cars sharting FORE , i hit mi longest drive Iivva on that oyl, tee shot went inta back ov an A 1 lorry wi doors oppun , they wa based in Ponte
    I war allus wary on that second hoyle of missing the green left , steep banking and then tha chipping over a bunker or two to find the green that's very narrow .

If tha goes to the right where the fairway is wide and inviting wi thi tee shot thi second is then impossible from that angle .

It's a case then of just knocking a 7 iron and laying up .

The road hoyle niver bothered me because I was a hooker niver a slicer .

As Trevino once said , tha can talk to a slice but a hook dunt listen .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast