+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A few concerns

Signing Sow would make about as much sense as signing John Souttar. Might not cost much financially if he was on a pay as you play contract, but you wouldn't be able to build any momentum with him in your side if he was breaking down every couple of games. That is the brutal reality for these kinds of players. His injuries were a big reason MK Dons let him go in Jan, a point prob overlooked amidst the euphoria when we signed him. Shame because you could see with some of his touches and lay offs that he could have been a decent player with a run of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    no hatred - he is a crock and i am afraid his career seems over. If not by the balance of probability he will be injured 17 minutes into his debut
    But don't you wish him well? What has he done to you? I wish him well, why shouldn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    But don't you wish him well? What has he done to you? I wish him well, why shouldn't I?
    i wish him well anywhere apart fae at oor club spider, massive no fae me

Signing Sow would be similar to rehiring Jocky Scott, have nothing against the guy personally and hope it works out for him elsewhere, But. If we spend money on a guy that has struggled to stay fit when we need an oven ready striker it will Timmy 2 revisited.

As I say Im sure he's a great guy and if fit would be a good signing for another team. It seems wrong to play a guy ahead of our own youth players unless they plan to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabiatta View Post
    Signing Sow would be similar to rehiring Jocky Scott, have nothing against the guy personally and hope it works out for him elsewhere, But. If we spend money on a guy that has struggled to stay fit when we need an oven ready striker it will Timmy 2 revisited.

As I say Im sure he's a great guy and if fit would be a good signing for another team. It seems wrong to play a guy ahead of our own youth players unless they plan to sign him.
    Yip... something strange going on. Got a wee bit worried with the MM comment about how much he is liked here. Everyone at Tannadice were desperate for him to do well, but numerous false dawns seemed to erode that feeling just a we bit.

We all hoped he was the best thing since sliced braid , but , fraid not.

(no mothers pride comments please)

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    no hatred - he is a crock and i am afraid his career seems over. If not by the balance of probability he will be injured 17 minutes into his debut
    Forget getting injured; even when fit, I'm sorry to say it but Sow was worse than useless; it was like giving teams a 2:0 start! Anyone else remember that he also used to run out of the box when we were attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by OmaniArab View Post
    Forget getting injured; even when fit, I'm sorry to say it but Sow was worse than useless; it was like giving teams a 2:0 start! Anyone else remember that he also used to run out of the box when we were attacking.
    Agreed. He'd just casually jog around the pitch like it was a training match. Had next to no urgency about his game at all. He also couldn't jump more than an inch off the ground. Such a frustrating footballer.

I'd absolutely love it if he appeared tomorrow & scored the winning goal. ****'n hundreds of posters go into hiding. Why all the hatred? It will never happen but it sounds like you all want the poor man dead.
    OTT springs to mind,i just don't fancy the Championship anymore.

I'd absolutely love it if he appeared tomorrow & scored the winning goal. ****'n hundreds of posters go into hiding. Why all the hatred? It will never happen but it sounds like you all want the poor man dead.
    No hatred here either, but do I want him back on the books? Do I ****!

One extremely expensive goal is all we got last time. Nothing personal against the man but it was one helluva relief to get him off the books finally, would be absolute madness to put him back on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabiatta View Post

I’ve not idea why you could compare sow to JS. He’s a Dundee legend that steadied the ship across there many a time, sow was with us and done absolutely f uck in his time with us. Crazy comparison

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)