+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we really a BAD club

Are we really a BAD club

Are we such a really bad club. Why does nobody want to sign up with a club with premier status, financially sound with a good manager. What is our problem?? I understand we do not want to spend big on one player something I agree with because it is the sum of the whole that is important. However, any target we seem to be aiming for goes elsewhere. Is it down to us keep playing the little old Burnley card or do we have nothing more than the flat cap and whippets syndrome. It cannot be the wages as our payroll is not that low. Is it the town that puts players/agents off what can be done to pressurise the movers and shakers at the club to go and sign up a player(s) that will fit into our whole team sentiment, We clearly need new recruits as our numbers are low surely those in charge can see what we the fans can see. I was pleasantly surprised tonight to see how well Jimmy Dunne played with Kevin Long but Kevin is suspect in a race for the ball unfortunately he is a little slow. So come on you movers and shakers go and get a number of much needed players.

Manchester's big lights are twenty miles away from Burnley, the Ribble Valley ten. Can't be geographical then, can it?

I'm not sure Joe Worrall is a better EPL prospective centre back than Jimmy Dunne, so why spunk £12 million?

We have invested heavily in youth development, I think now is the time is right to blood them.

How much will we need to spend to bring in better or equal to what we already have? It looks to me like the board are hunkering down and keeping the Dry Powder Room door firmly locked until we ride out this Covid bollox.

If we can keep Tarkowski, Pope and McNeil, I reckon "hunkering down" might be the best policy at this moment in time.

I think Sean has indicated why players won't sign for us, we need to stretch the budget and we won't. All other things being equal, a player and his agent will almost always go for the biggest offer, it might not have to be much, but a player will sign for the club that goes that extra yard, I get the impression that we are reluctant to give an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think Sean has indicated why players won't sign for us, we need to stretch the budget and we won't. All other things being equal, a player and his agent will almost always go for the biggest offer, it might not have to be much, but a player will sign for the club that goes that extra yard, I get the impression that we are reluctant to give an inch.
    Is it really all about "only" money sinkov?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Wet Spam are another club "nobody" wants to go to either...

https://westhamblog.co.uk/nobody-wan...ansfer-update/

BT, I agree. Keeping what we have is not a bad policy although given Cork injury and now Iceman we do need minimum 1 probably 2 additions to the midfield. Yes, lets look at Dunne as cover and replacement for Gibson; why not? If he no good then we have our answer. We do have to give Dyche enough quality bodies to do the job though and we are weak in midfield particularly. I cant believe we cant sign some younger guy; early to mid 20's who can charge up and down the flanks and put a cross in the box!!!!

I returned to Burnly, last year and was shocked by how much the town had declined. If I was on some of the wages / salaries being offered, I would certainly choose to live elsewhere. And I have.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Is it really all about "only" money sinkov?
    Not 100% of the time BT obviously, but in football I'd say that is the major factor in whether a player signs or not. Players may well prefer to live and play somewhere like London, Newcastle notoriously had difficulty persuading big name players to join them when they had offers from London clubs, but we aren't competing at that level. If you want to know why anything happens in football it's a good idea just to follow the money, that's what drives the game, owners, players, agents, the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Wet Spam are another club "nobody" wants to go to either...

https://westhamblog.co.uk/nobody-wan...ansfer-update/
    McAvennie is talking out of his backside if he thinks Tarko doesn't want to go to West Ham, Tarko would have walked down to London to sign had WHU agreed to pay the going rate. Now he might prefer to walk down to Leicester, but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    I returned to Burnly, last year and was shocked by how much the town had declined. If I was on some of the wages / salaries being offered, I would certainly choose to live elsewhere. And I have.
    You don't seriously think our players actually live in Burnley do you ? Sean lives just a couple of miles down the road from me in the glorious Ribble Valley, when professional southerner Ian Holloway moved north to manage Blackpool, with the whole of the NW of England to pick from, he chose an idyllic spot in the shadow of Pendle, just a few miles out of Burnley centre.

And if you want to see a town in serious decline, next time you're over, have a look at Accrington.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)