+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Naughty directors

Naughty directors

Coleraine FC posted a picture a couple of hours ahead of the match showing John Boyle & wife posing with directors of both clubs. There are approximately 16 adults posing for the indoor snap in close proximity and not a face mask is on view.

It shows poor judgement buy all concerned. We can only hope that the Motherwell directors stay well away from the players and travel home well distanced from the playing and back room staff.

I hope they are well prepared for the flack that will deservedly descend.

Coleraine deleted the tweet containing the picture very quickly but the press now have it for all to see.

Name:  Directors.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  53.5 KB

Hefty apologies from all I imagine... what were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Hefty apologies from all I imagine... what were they thinking?
    'Thinking'?

Quote Originally Posted by dazlhigh View Post
    'Thinking'?
    Fair point.

There's 15 people in that picture plus photographer, how not one of them didn't stop to say wait just a minute is beyond me. Even if we all know in the real world rules get ignored a little occasionally, the official reminders of masks, distancing etc are all around so they can hardly claim they 'forgot'.

It was utter stupidity and I'm amazed more hasn't been made of it given the media. Presumably everyone involved was tested just before so the chance of infection is pretty small but the impression it gives - when Scottish football is begging for special favours - is brutal.

The glare of publicity obviously outshone any shred of common sense. Stupid fools. They have a duty of care to the club and its reputation and they have let Motherwell down in public.

Now I look at it again, I'm not convinced it's not photoshopped...and that would also explain the lack of outcry if the club had had a quiet word with the first outlet who reported it and then largely killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Now I look at it again, I'm not convinced it's not photoshopped...and that would also explain the lack of outcry if the club had had a quiet word with the first outlet who reported it and then largely killed it.
    If it's a 'forgery' we should be screaming from the rooftops and suing for defamation. If it's not ... that might explain why we've not gone 'legal'.

We've either been shafted, or our senior ex Directors (and current ones), have overstepped a very bad mark. Clarity needed !!

I didn't mean anything sinister, more that some bright kid in the Coleraine/Motherwell media team might have created a memento which was then ill advisedly shared.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)