+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: St Mirren

Mind we played morton last season early doors, pumped them, Argie was left mid that day and was superb, then Neilson drapped him. He looks decent at left mid, better than at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Need to give a mention to Edwards. I've been quite critical of him so far but I thought he was excellent today.
    Yes, I've been critical too but he had a good game yesterday.

However, I would add that St Mirren played to our strengths at the back by launching a lot of high balls into our box and we won most of them. My worry will be against teams that can play a bit of football through the middle.

The manner of the defeat last week was a bit depressing but after yesterday things are looking a bit more positive. We were excellent at the start of the 2nd half and it shows what the players are capable of - I'd like to see us playing like that a lot more of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Mind we played morton last season early doors, pumped them, Argie was left mid that day and was superb, then Neilson drapped him. He looks decent at left mid, better than at LB.
    Yes, it's clear he's a wing back/left midfielder, not a traditional left back. I think Robson and Sporle are excellent on that left hand side.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yes, it's clear he's a wing back/left midfielder, not a traditional left back. I think Robson and Sporle are excellent on that left hand side.
    Agreed mate, totally agree

I have been critical of Chalmers but was my man of match yday, playing on the right could well be the way forward, if we can accommodate Smith and Bolton, would even try Logan in a free role to create.
    We been crying out for someone who can split a defence and the ball to Harkes which ended up with Sporle scoring was different gravy.
    Logan could have grabbed a goal himself 2nd half and if Clark had left Shanks pass in the 1st half he was in a great position.

Agree Sporle should get a run at left wing back and the left side with Robson looks promising.
    Edwards was better but still looks a bit slow.
    Harkes getting much better at making those runs and was found a few times by Logan
    Clark and Shanks do link well and would keep them together.
    So with Benji becoming more assured just need a better and pacier no nonsense defender and midfielder.

Cup more than half full here

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    I have been critical of Chalmers but was my man of match yday, playing on the right could well be the way forward, if we can accommodate Smith and Bolton, would even try Logan in a free role to create.
    We been crying out for someone who can split a defence and the ball to Harkes which ended up with Sporle scoring was different gravy.
    Logan could have grabbed a goal himself 2nd half and if Clark had left Shanks pass in the 1st half he was in a great position.

Agree Sporle should get a run at left wing back and the left side with Robson looks promising.
    Edwards was better but still looks a bit slow.
    Harkes getting much better at making those runs and was found a few times by Logan
    Clark and Shanks do link well and would keep them together.
    So with Benji becoming more assured just need a better and pacier no nonsense defender and midfielder.

Cup more than half full here
    My cup would be overflowing if we could get Johnny back.

3-0 Motherwell, good job we got them out the way for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrys Hall View Post
    It was only the SS away mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrys Hall View Post
    Love it when the stuck up famous Aberdeen fans get humped,
    They wouldn't have imagined that in the 30 years since wee Jim got beat by his bro in the final, that we would add the same amount of major trophies to our cabinet as them
    This despite us having a few goes at relegation, a truly over rated shower of sheepshyte

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)