+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: St Mirren

The football we played in that 20/25 minute spell at the beginning of the second half was fantastic at times and if that's a promise of what's to come I'll be more than happy with it.

Yes we should have finished them in that spell but this team is still learning and hopefully if that happens again we do make it easier on ourselves.

The Shankland goal was unreal, an absolutely incredible bit of finishing, we need to make sure we don't take this for granted.

Agree with the praise for Adrian Sporle and Robson, excellent yesterday especially second half. Good performance from Chalmers too. Don't think any player had a bad game and as someone said earlier 3 points at home in these games is what it's all about.

Well done Micky and the lads 🧡

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38265870

We won 2-1 mate.Thanks for your question and donation to our walkers.

How did you lad's get on Noah?,i never got my Sporting Post delivered last night.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    The football we played in that 20/25 minute spell at the beginning of the second half was fantastic at times and if that's a promise of what's to come I'll be more than happy with it.

Yes we should have finished them in that spell but this team is still learning and hopefully if that happens again we do make it easier on ourselves.

The Shankland goal was unreal, an absolutely incredible bit of finishing, we need to make sure we don't take this for granted.

Agree with the praise for Adrian Sporle and Robson, excellent yesterday especially second half. Good performance from Chalmers too. Don't think any player had a bad game and as someone said earlier 3 points at home in these games is what it's all about.

Yes, Chalmers was superb on the right and it would be good to see him there for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yes, Chalmers was superb on the right and it would be good to see him there for a bit.
    MM will be pleased with that spell just after half time because that's what he's been waiting for, that's what he's been coaching towards. We look a different prospect when we pass the ball to feet that bit quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post

This! ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

I saw Chalmers doing something (can't remember exactly what but it was brilliant) in an U/20 game at Tannadice about three seasons ago that's made me look out for him since & wonder why he's not come to the fore.

I hear his attitude is questionable so that takes good management to set him right...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I hear his attitude is questionable so that takes good management to set him right...
    It was on dode Fox with Tommy McKay - said that chalmers has got fitter in lockdown. Starting to think he can make it as footballer and taking it seriously.

Hope he does take it seriously and applies himself. Follow the Andy Robertson model of the ultimate professional

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    It was on dode Fox with Tommy McKay - said that chalmers has got fitter in lockdown. Starting to think he can make it as footballer and taking it seriously.

Hope he does take it seriously and applies himself. Follow the Andy Robertson model of the ultimate professional
    Great point - maybe it was a case of not thinking he was good enough in himself and resigned to do something different. Here is hoping as i thought in a couple of games (county for example) he was very effective. Against St mirren he was excellent.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)